• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It worth paying 2000 more for buy summa s2class d140 instead of summacut d140r ???

herrera

Hello, i'm from spain, and i have the doubt.
I would like to buy a good cut plotter, summacut d140r is a good plotter , by i'm seeing the summa s2class d140 and is fantastic, but ... it worth spend 2000 more.
If it worth i will spend, buy i dont know.

The seller told me 3 differences between 2 machines :

- 2 powerful motors than the summacut
- Strong structure
- color and tactile screen

Somebody to help me ??
Thanks.

Bly

If it's the tangential version then yes it's worth the extra.
Even the drag knife would be better.

herrera

Not is the tangential version, is the drag knife. The same head, but with 2 powerful motors.
What do you think ?
Thanks.

jerry369

Not is the tangential version, is the drag knife. The same head, but with 2 powerful motors..

Not exactly the same head:

Summacut VS S2Class Head.jpg

particleman

I just had to make this same decision about a month ago. I ended up going for the d140r and have no complaints about it so far. I've used the flex cut and also have cut multiple 15ft wraps on the first try. I bought my machine for what I'd consider a light use (1-2 hrs per day). I couldn't see the justification for the S2 series with only a drag knife. I do know the S2 T series Tangential head and Opos cam can make a huge difference for higher production work.

herrera

Ok, thanks a Lot.
Your answer is very important for me, so se are in the same issue and you decided a good option.
I also work with it 2-3 hours a day.
Anybody else in the same issue ?
Is a very important investment for me .
Thanks

ProColorGraphics

YES!! I started with the Summacut then upgraded to the S-Class T-Series. There is definitely a reason they cost a lot more! If you do any decent amount of cutting, I would highly recommend spending the extra to get the s-class, and preferably the tangential version!!

herrera

Thanks pro color graphics !!
I’m new user here, and I did never read a lot of post about my question. It’s amazing for me.
Reading and reading, I’m almost decided for summa s2 140 t.
It costs 4000 more than d140r, but I think it will be my last investment in a cut plotter and is one of my most important tools.
I think I’ll save money wedding , and I’ll do new things like cutting thicker materials.
Users who never did work with tangential plotters, only with drag plotters and bought one like s2 class, what new things discover or new works to offer , and what new media it’s possible to cut or work.
Thanks a lot to all, and happy Christmass !!!

Bly

I had a couple of D series and then replaced them with a S2 T OPOSCAM.
I'm not sure it opened new markets, it just does everything so much better and faster.
If you contour cut thick laminated prints the S2 will plow through them.
To be honest they make the Summacuts look like toys, even though they are very good cutters.
You will also be able to cut small details faster and will weed better.
So good luck with your new cutter. You won't regret it.

herrera

I had a couple of D series and then replaced them with a S2 T OPOSCAM.
I'm not sure it opened new markets, it just does everything so much better and faster.
If you contour cut thick laminated prints the S2 will plow through t
To be honest they make the Summacuts look like toys, even though they are very good cutters.
You will also be able to cut small details faster and will weed better.
So good luck with your new cutter. You won't regret it.

herrera

Thanks a Lot, !!! Im almost decided.
I dont understand when you say that not are sure it opened new markets. Dont you think the die cuts havent new markets ?