• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Its a start.

101numlock

I hope that with most things you get better with practice. This logo was designed from what the customer had on his business cards and company paperwork. I don't think it turned out too bad for my first multilayer graphic but i have a very long road to get to the level a lot of you guys are at! I just ordered Stevens book Mastering Layout so hopefully that will help LOL. If you don't mind how long would this take you guys from finished design to vehicle done. I was working by myself quite a bit but want to know how much improvement i could expect with experience as it pertains to installation and weeding time.. All done with 651 and 751 orocal vinyl.

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jillbeans

For starters, use the photo uploading feature of this forum.
Secondly, never use 651 on a vehicle, it is more for flat surfaces and if you used it for the yellow, it will fade.
Thirdly, that phone number stands out more than the logo, and the kerning looks a bit off.
I'd have about 3 hours in it from layout to application.
Love....Jill

John Butto

I agree with Jill on using the cast vinyl. By the time you talk to the customer, scan the business card, do all the artwork, set it up to cut two layers, load and unload the plotter with two vinyls, weed and transfer tape, go to truck and clean and set up, pick up all your trash, make out a bill, talk to customer, get paid. If you did all that in 6 hours and you are new at this, you would be doing a good job.

101numlock

Thank you

Thank you for your honest criticism. I hope to always learn from each job. I would have liked to do a little more to the vehicle but this is what he wanted. I had to talk him into letting me move his email from the door as it was way too cluttered. I used cast vinyl on the logo itself and calandered on the plain black and black and white email.. It took me a little while longer than you guys. From the time I fired up the plotter to cleaning up my shop it took me over 7 hours.. This was the first time using multiple layers of vinyl and definitely took longer than it should have.. I can see why they are selling a lot of printed vinyl lol:rolleyes:

striper14

looks alright for an early attempt. I like using 651 on vehicles but sop is not to mix calendered with cast. I also try to avoid going over body creases like the top of the front door. You could make the logo 10% smaller & still look good.

But what does he do ? is he a gardener or carpenter ? You could have had some bullets on the tailgate with his services etc..plenty of room & would have balanced the logo

Time is relative to how much you are charging him. 2 to 3 hours would be a good target for that job but whatever it takes, its learning & experience. you can never get enough of either