• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Jessup Asphalt Art- Any users? Tips n Tricks?

flyplainsdrifta

Hey guys, we've been toying with trying out the jessup asphalt art on a roll to roll printer to alleviate the issues we've been having trying to run it on uv. Has anyone ever had luck with this stuff on a r2r and if so any tips? any help at all would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!!
Alex

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
okay good to know. do you know if you guys just ran it under a sav profile or something different? i don't feel like eating an entire set of heads to figure this out you know?

We just turn the vacuum all the way up and you want to hold it down in the beginning so you avoid head strikes. Yes you can use an SAV generic profile.

bannertime

Now, I typically only do this if I'm near the end of the roll and don't want to waste any more material by feeding it out the front of the machine so I can hold it. I'll take a 5-6ft scrap of banner material or whatever scrap SAV I have around. Cut it to the same width of the roll. Cut about 2in of the backing paper off the Asphalt Art or Alumigraphics. Apply the scrap material to the exposed adhesive. Roll it up tight and load it into the machine. Web it up to the take up system and feed up until it's where it should start printing. This allows you to set it and forget it right from the start. The adhesive on the material is the best way to attach it to a piece of scrap. At least on the textured stuff. This has saved me on some reprints and last minute request. I hate keeping that stuff in stock so I typically order as needed.

flyplainsdrifta

Hey I'm having no current issues with actually running it thru my 560, but i am having a weird thing happen where adhesive is coming off of the outside edge of the material and gumming up on the pinch rollers…anyone seen this/ have suggestions on alleviating the issue? thanks !!!