• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX-200 Very Loud Vibrations

bgraphics

I can't tell by the video where the sound is coming from. Can you tell where it's coming from?
I think it is coming from the left side of the machine... maybe the ball bearing unit in the box that extends below the gantry.
Here is a longer video with the sound starting about 1min in.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That is the motor that moves the gantry. I haven't had any experience with those failing yet but it sounds like something is up. I have heard a similar noise on roll to roll machines and it was the voltage setting of the motor itself. I would contact Mimaki and see what they say. You might need a tech to come out.

bgraphics

That is the motor that moves the gantry. I haven't had any experience with those failing yet but it sounds like something is up. I have heard a similar noise on roll to roll machines and it was the voltage setting of the motor itself. I would contact Mimaki and see what they say. You might need a tech to come out.
Thank you

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I just had a thought. There are 4 allen screws on each side of the gantry that connect it to the motors. If you loosen them up but don't take them out, with the machine off, and then turn the machine on, it will automatically adjust the the gantry. Once it stops moving back and forth and the machine is idle, you can tighten them back up. It's worth a shot. I am thinking it could be out of wack and maybe putting strain on the motor.