• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JFX200 Issue - I'm Stumped!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I am working on a JFX200 and have a weird issue going on. It's a CMYKWW setup. The original problem was the number 8 channel had a Sub Tank sensor error. We changed the sensors and the sub tank. Now we get sub tank overflow errors in channel 8 but there is no overflow. In fact there is no ink in that tank at all. We have determined that ink is able to flow through channel 8 into the sub tank by tricking the machine by swapping the sub tank sensors between the 1 and 2 head. The issue is that because the machine thinks there is an overflow in channel 8, it prevents the channel 8 pump form pumping so it never fills up but it still thinks there is an overflow so it's in a vicious cycle of filling the other 3 channels, erroring out and then trying to refill again. What am I missing!?

humen2

Hi,
Same issue here.
Working with jfx1631 plus.
Ink set mmccyykk nnnnnnnn
On the 8 head (16 channel), having trouble with the ink level, and it's a head that not included in the ink set.
Did you figure out the problem?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Hi,
Same issue here.
Working with jfx1631 plus.
Ink set mmccyykk nnnnnnnn
On the 8 head (16 channel), having trouble with the ink level, and it's a head that not included in the ink set.
Did you figure out the problem?

If I remember correctly, it ended up being an old filter and bad bottle holder.

humen2

Some parts of our printer is patches that I've made or modified.
By purpose, no air pressure or ink delivered to the right side of the carriage.
What I did today to fix the subtank/slider error was to reset some of the parameters (ink1-flt err/tnk err/spy err/rt err).
Hope it will last!!!

Last edited: