• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX200 UV Lamp Temp High

NZ Mike

Problem just started, screen says UV LAMP TEMP . H IGH.
Advise from the manual says "Wait for a while until the temperature lowers and the message disappears."
What a gem!
any one else having this issue, eventually the machine stops at ERROR 711LED OVH"
And again we go to the manual to read another bit of wisdom "Turn off the main power to the machine
and turn it on after a while. If the same error message appears again, contact your local distributor to call for service"
What is this - Windows 95?
As we all know none of us want to pick up the phone and get a tech out, so looking for a little light to be shed on this issue.

ftfoto

Had LAMP TEMP HIGH because a technician didnt use destilled water to mix the cooling solution.
pipes and led connections got clogged. pump was to weak to press water through.
figured out this was the problem after 7 MONTH!
after a long long looooong conversation with technicians we flushed the system with 5% vinegar solution to get rid of residues.
no help. switched pump for a non toy version works ever since.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Either your coolant is low or not flowing properly. As stated above, if distilled water wasn't used to mix the coolant, you may have clogged the coolant lines. Go to the back of the machine. On the back of the non-head side there is a little door you can open and check your coolant level. Red is bad, yellow is close to bad and green means you are good.

ThayneFagg

Thayne Fagg
Had LAMP TEMP HIGH because a technician didnt use destilled water to mix the cooling solution.
pipes and led connections got clogged. pump was to weak to press water through.
figured out this was the problem after 7 MONTH!
after a long long looooong conversation with technicians we flushed the system with 5% vinegar solution to get rid of residues.
no help. switched pump for a non toy version works ever since.
Was the indicator yellow or red? Ours is starting to give that TEMP HIGH warning as well but the indicator is at yellow.

Tim Avery

Hello.
Would you know where to get a stronger pump for the Mimaki JFX 200-2513.
Been having all of the same issues as you guys.
Any tips on a new pump would be great.

cristiangabi84

I've had the same problem a few months ago. In my case the cooling liquid was not circulating because of a blockage. Our reseller told us that mimaki "forgot" to tell them that the cooling fluid must be changed every year. In my case they used antifreeze with distilled water at install. So I used a mix of distilled water and vinegar to purge the cooling lines and I removed a lot of white residues. Then I've cleaned the lines and put distilled water and antifreeze mix. E few month later I have the same problem again. It seems that the cooling lines from the led radiators are blocked (not the cooling radiator). I'm trying again to clean. So in my case even if I put a stronger pump, the cooling liquid cannot pass from the led radiator...I have to unclog them manually.

guillermo

I am getting this message Overheating Lamp_2, tech already came and found that it had a lot of air, mentioned probably leaking, it was 10/18/22, lasted about a week, last week on 10/27/22 started, and to continue printing without problems I set the printing mode to Unidirectional, this way the lamp does not overheat, but today 10/31 started again, I open the back cover and felt that the hose coming to the radiator it was hot, the hose coming from the radiator was cool.... but noticed a lot of bubbles, decided to open the cover of the print head assembly and noticed that from the hoses to the lamps on the left of the print head to the right side lamps it makes a lot of small bubbles, where there is a small plastic bracket, looks like boiling and the hose is hot, have any one had this before?, if so, could you share how it got fixed?, our tech want us to buy a over $2000 piece and if is not used we have to pay a 25% restocking fee.

any help will be appreciated.

I am using a mimaki JFX 200-2513

Gregg Lindsay

I am getting this message Overheating Lamp_2, tech already came and found that it had a lot of air, mentioned probably leaking, it was 10/18/22, lasted about a week, last week on 10/27/22 started, and to continue printing without problems I set the printing mode to Unidirectional, this way the lamp does not overheat, but today 10/31 started again, I open the back cover and felt that the hose coming to the radiator it was hot, the hose coming from the radiator was cool.... but noticed a lot of bubbles, decided to open the cover of the print head assembly and noticed that from the hoses to the lamps on the left of the print head to the right side lamps it makes a lot of small bubbles, where there is a small plastic bracket, looks like boiling and the hose is hot, have any one had this before?, if so, could you share how it got fixed?, our tech want us to buy a over $2000 piece and if is not used we have to pay a 25% restocking fee.

any help will be appreciated.

I am using a mimaki JFX 200-2513
Empty out the coolant mix and refill back up with CLR or a calcium remover of some sort. Go into #test and run the pump for about a half hour to ensure it cycles through the lamp water jackets thoroughly. Drain again and refill with Distilled water only to rinse. Then refill with the mix. Rest assured that if the pump is struggling its shot and usually is. Order the board also, older ones were notorious for running the pump at half speed when failed.

guillermo

Empty out the coolant mix and refill back up with CLR or a calcium remover of some sort. Go into #test and run the pump for about a half hour to ensure it cycles through the lamp water jackets thoroughly. Drain again and refill with Distilled water only to rinse. Then refill with the mix. Rest assured that if the pump is struggling its shot and usually is. Order the board also, older ones were notorious for running the pump at half speed when failed.
Tech was here already 2 times, and I just got the message again, he drained the coolant and added new with distilled water...... and after second visit, the UV lamps do not come on, when it used to when doing regular prints.

Gregg Lindsay

If your still getting the 711 error its probably cooked the central I/O and or the UVLED driver board(s).
Couple of things to double check are the fans for the UV driver boards in the carriage are functioning properly.
Also the radiator fans behind the carriage service area, this is a good time to shine a flashlight in there and see if there's anything blocking airflow in the radiator itself, I've seen them completely blocked with fuzz and debris.
Also as mentioned, the confirm the pump is running and flowing

guillermo

No errors?
No, not errors, just that message about Overheating Lamp_2 comes up, then I stop the print and continue after a few minutes, the workaround for now is to print unidirectional mode, that way I can print full coverage 4x8 with not problems, well, except double the time.

Do you or any know a technician in Los Angeles, Ca?

guillermo

If your still getting the 711 error its probably cooked the central I/O and or the UVLED driver board(s).
Couple of things to double check are the fans for the UV driver boards in the carriage are functioning properly.
Also the radiator fans behind the carriage service area, this is a good time to shine a flashlight in there and see if there's anything blocking airflow in the radiator itself, I've seen them completely blocked with fuzz and debris.
Also as mentioned, the confirm the pump is running and flowing
Gregg

tech was here again, he flushed the lines at the lamps, and cleaned a little of dirt, checked that everything was fine and left, I do a test print, and he probably was not a mile away when the message about overheating lamp came back..... he mentioned about replacing the pump, do you know a place where we can get that pump? I will appreciate it a lot.

guillermo

Gregg

tech was here again, he flushed the lines at the lamps, and cleaned a little of dirt, checked that everything was fine and left, I do a test print, and he probably was not a mile away when the message about overheating lamp came back..... he mentioned about replacing the pump, do you know a place where we can get that pump? I will appreciate it a lot.
I have some new information, talked to a tech, he had same problem, what he found is that the radiator on Lamp_2 was clogged, (after this radiator, the coolant will go back to the pump), he cleaned it and machine worked normally, coolant was not changed in about 4 years.

guillermo

I think I have solved this problem, it is the radiators on the machine, I took the hose off the pump (the one that sends the coolant to the lamps) and blow it with a syringe, it was hard to push air, did it a few times, but plunger will return when released the syringe, decided to use a compressor and even with that it was not easy, but finally the "stuff" blocking it went through and basically I empty the coolant, put the hose back and add coolant, did a print of 9" x 82" at 1200x1200 and bidirectional to have the lamp on more time and did not get that message, I even check the hoses at the lamps and they were warm very little, also a lot of air/bubbles in the line, but helped me to see that the pump was working properly and radiators were not clogged.

guillermo

I think I have solved this problem, it is the radiators on the machine, I took the hose off the pump (the one that sends the coolant to the lamps) and blow it with a syringe, it was hard to push air, did it a few times, but plunger will return when released the syringe, decided to use a compressor and even with that it was not easy, but finally the "stuff" blocking it went through and basically I empty the coolant, put the hose back and add coolant, did a print of 9" x 82" at 1200x1200 and bidirectional to have the lamp on more time and did not get that message, I even check the hoses at the lamps and they were warm very little, also a lot of air/bubbles in the line, but helped me to see that the pump was working properly and radiators were not clogged.
Problem came back, but I now was told that we do not need to replace the radiators near the coolant pump, but the "water jackets" on each of the lamps.

micadesign

got same error... clean the line today and a lot of dirty came out... can someone tell if it's normal the pump works "slow"?