• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jigs / Irregular Object through a hybrid

funkytone

Background info:
So as per some of my other posts, I'm looking at the EFI Pro 16H Hybrid. We were looking at the 24F which is the true flatbed but limits us to 4' X 8' and since we mainly print Coroplast, Sintra, Styrene, Acrylic and Vinyls, we figured that the hybrid gives us a wider area (64" vs 48") and lets us do more on the machine with the R2R option.

My question is - Is there any concerns with running jigs through the hybrid, such as pens, hockey pucks, etc?

Its not a market we're in right now but would want to explore the option. We have a full size laser cutter so I was thinking that we could etch a full 4' x 8' sheet of acrylic to make depressions where the items could rest in and then run through the hybrid.

flyplainsdrifta

you certainly can, you just need to know exact thickness to tell the printer to avoid head strikes. I'm not the most familiar with EFI printers, but at least with my hp hybrid, we've done quite a bit with jigs. it just gets dicey. it can be a tremendous pita, and if you are not careful you could eat ten grand in heads real quick. do-able but be very careful

tbaker

Running a jig through it won’t be a problem, I have several clients that do that. The 16h will discover the print height at the beginning of the job and adjust accordingly

AGCharlotte

I've run jigs through my EFI 1625 (which the 16h replaces) before without a problem. I think I have a vid on my youtube still showing one running. You do need to be careful when setting the gap height that you do it in the proper location.