Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Job too big for me

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by fresh, Jun 5, 2019.

1. fresh

fresh Very Active Member

May 16, 2011
    nj
    Hiyaaa.
    I have a job with an exsisting client that looks like it might be too big for us to handle on our own. For those of you that broker these big jobs, who do you work with? Do you have any tips or advice for me?

The project is for a used car dealership. We are removing an old sign, like REALLLYYYY old sign. Its 8ftx12ft welded steel box with neon trim (double sided), cut out steel faces, etc. Its almost 2 ft deep and the only access panel is on the bottom of the sign. I'm confident we need a crane to remove, and I've never done that before. We probably can do the the rest of the job on our own, but we're so busy I'd really like to partner with someone else who has more experience here.

help.

Tags:
  2. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    If you have your own torches and rigging, you should just need to rent a crane. They come with an operator, and if you have a good company, they'll insist on using their rigging hardware anyway. Otherwise, I'd call another local company and ask them for a quote to remove the sign.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    for the sake of you, and your customer you should turn the job down, or refer them to someone who specialized in that stuff. not worth the logistics and headach.

• Agree Agree x 2