• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JPEG issue in Flexi

DRPSignsNGrafix

So using a simple Jpeg from internet on a banner. Not worried about it being crisp and clean. It's a back ground filler on a banner. How ever when printing it Flexi seams to be putting blank lines in it. Look at pic, any suggestions on how to fix. This JPEG is 35% Translucent Lens done on it.

Attachments

• 2012-05-30_13-26-30_648.jpg
    2012-05-30_13-26-30_648.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 84

jfiscus

Rap Master
Never seen that before.
To fix it I would open the JPEG with PS, re-size it to the actual size, then add the transparency & flatten it again (save as JPEG). Then, load it into Flexi.

Only way I can explain is that it's in the .jpg. Like someone put a layer on top so you cant print it. When you zoom in on the .jjpg in flexi really close are the lines there?

So your problem has nothing to do with flexi. It's the .jpg that your using. Try a different flag background. This happens ocasionally where when your zoomed out looking at something in flexi it all looks fine. Then when you go to print you notice gaps where theres not supposed to be gaps or weird dots. It's just the way flexi makes objects look when they are zoomed out. You need a new background or you have to go in and fill all those lines yourself.

Your other option. Make it as big on the screen in flexi as you can without seeing the lines. Then take a screenshot. Paste that back into flexi and use that.

J

john1

First, that jpg is low res and looks terrible. If you want to put out crap work then that's the look for you i guess. Just looks goofy with crisp vector text then you have this blurry image in the back.

Me, i go to istock and purchase high resolution artwork as needed and add it to the job invoice. That's the right way to do it.

I don't care if the banners going to be used for 1 day or 1 year, Make it look good. It takes the exact same amount of time to print a crappy banner as it does a well proportioned, high resolution banner.

Excuse the harshness i came off with but i just don't see why people put out work just to put out work. I try to make everything count as i want people to come back because the quality of my products are good.

First, that jpg is low res and looks terrible. If you want to put out crap work then that's the look for you i guess.

Me, i go to istock and purchase high resolution artwork as needed and add it to the job invoice. That's the right way to do it.

Pay no no no no no. I can't pay for artwork that would be like me charging somebody to design a sign for them. I can't do that. :banghead:

DRPSignsNGrafix

Thanks guys for all the advise. This is a temp banner for some congratulations thing. They sent the Jpeg from internet and this is the one they want. Or I would buy a Istockphoto and do it up right. Sometimes u need to just give the customer what they want. They are one of our BIGGER customers that do a lot. They want this banner done this way and want it almost free. LOL But I think i fixed it by taking into Photoshop re-sizing then bringing into flexi.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
But I think i fixed it by taking into Photoshop re-sizing then bringing into flexi.

sometimes this happens in flexi when you take a low res image and try and make it a larger or higher res image, the lines appear. it has happen many times to me, and not with just web art, but art that was to small to be blown up to as large as i needed it to be...

J

john1

Thanks guys for all the advise. This is a temp banner for some congratulations thing. They sent the Jpeg from internet and this is the one they want. Or I would buy a Istockphoto and do it up right. Sometimes u need to just give the customer what they want. They are one of our BIGGER customers that do a lot. They want this banner done this way and want it almost free. LOL But I think i fixed it by taking into Photoshop re-sizing then bringing into flexi.

I understand, Yeah banners like this have no value to the customer and they think they should be free.

I usually decline jobs like this or just quote as usual and expect them to not go for it.

It all gets printed the same whether it's making you money or serving as a 1 day event banner.

Take a few extra moments and do a quick trace so it's a little better quality....Please?

Then you can mention to the customer "I noticed the image would have come out very blurry that you sent so i took some extra time and sharpened it up for you"

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
At the very least, open that low res image in Photoshop, apply a blur to it. Even though it's not a focal point, it at least isn't all jagged. I do it all the time. From 20 ft away, your eye sees what's there.