• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In Just heard about this..............................

Andy D

+1 for Andy D - he made you try it! :D
No use in me trying, I can't tell you how many times I went back to read notes I made and couldn't
even read my own cr@ppy writing... and when a customer or someone is watching me write, I have this weird thing
happen where I revert back to a 3rd grader & can't spell even simple words.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I remember reading about someone (maybe Michelangelo or Da Vinci?!?!) who could write two entirely different sentences at the same time.
If I remember correctly, he would write upside down and backwards with his left hand while writing normally
with his right hand.

I can easily and quickly write backwards (mirrored) cursive....and it's absolutely stunning...with the correct slant and flow because I am able to pull the pen, much like a righty. My normal cursive just doesn't have the same sizzle and pop.

JB

Stacey K

I like making signs
hmmm....

Attachments

• right hand.jpeg
    right hand.jpeg
    428.7 KB · Views: 275

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most people can print with their less dominant hand. It's writing in script/cursive of connected slanted penmanship which is a problem. Besides, who uses a pencil/pen anymore ?? We're all keyboard wizards. :u rock:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Peach....... while the drawings are great whether right or left handed, I highly doubt anyone can draw two pictures at the exact same time. You need to look at what you are drawing..... and focusing on two separate objects is next to impossible, unless you're wall-eyed and even then, it's difficult. Besides, no one in the world draws in that fashion, unless you are using a light table or some sort of template/pattern. She was putting in shadows and highlights before she knew where something was gonna be. The whole thing was pre-designed and orchestrated somehow. I'd like to look further into this.

Billct2

I remember in sign school the lefty's were told they would have a tougher time with some of the work, especially working wet over wet, like outlines/shading and may need to use a mahlstick more than others (we were mostly using hand over hand). I'm a right, but shot left playing hockey. After I shattered my right arm in a fall off a roof I now have a stronger and more flexible left than right.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Nothing pleases this lefty papa more than to see my little red-haired, blue-eyed grandson using his southpaw (and his tongue sticking out for added dexterity) to color me a picture...gush. To say there's an extra special bond there is an understatement!

JB

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have also heard that if you have to write a bank robbery note or ransom letter, you
should write it out with your non-dominant hand, but you might want to stick with words cut
out of a magazine... :)

I think you're right...o_O

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 154

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
In my own life, I am the victim of my first grade teacher, Miss James, who made me hold my pencil in my right hand. Otherwise, I would be fully left handed. I ended up developing all my fine motor skills right handed but still retain my gross motor skills as a lefty. I write and use most tools as a right hander while I throw and bat as a left hander.

I'm the same way Fred. Schools seem to make you conform to righthandedness....I am righthanded, in life, but bat, hockey stick, and golf lefty, even started playing drums lefty, but ended up playing righthanded because lefty was "wrong". Even shooting guns I am left eye dominant.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
what-you-may-not-know-about-lefthanders_517b1a08acaf8_w1500.jpg

So, is this really about being right or left handed or how much dexterity one might have ??​