• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just Ordered A Seal EL 54!

MrSalumi

Hello all! After much consideration and long deliberation I ponied up and ordered a new Seal EL 54 from Sonoma yesterday. 3-5 days and I'll have up and running. From what I've read and heard these things are sweet. I'm looking forward to getting this thing going. Thanks for all your help 101'ers

~Sal

I got mine last month. Watched a couple videos on how to load it and that seemed to cause me more problems. I loaded it the way I've done my daige for years and I was off and running.. The forward button will put it in high gear and laminate some material..

MrSalumi

Jack, Will do!

Rick, thanks for the heads up. I've got a tech coming to spend some time training (not that there is much to learn).

Tim Aucoin

I put the EL 54 in my shop in November (thanks to my insurance company), and I love it! Easy to use, simple to learn and a solid built machine. You will love it, no doubt! :thumb:

Tim Aucoin

Longest I've done so far has been 24'. Like any laminator, key is to get it started dead straight. In my case, I had 1" on each side to play with, but had very little drift over the length. :smile:

MrSalumi

So the 54 EL was delivered today!

Oh Man!! What a well built machine. This this is a tank and you can tell that they were actually thinking with their brains when they designed this machine. The guys at Sonoma Graphics came out and helped me get it up and going. It's a solidly built unit that is not over complicated. Ran my first print through it (convex) and it performed beautifully! Drifted about a 1/4in over 8 feet but it was they way I lined it up (I found out afterwards).

I can't wait to get this thing pumping. It;s going to be a money maker for sure! To all those considering whether to invest in one or not. Save yourself the hassle the time and the piece of mind and buy a Seal!

-Sal

petesign

I looked at the Seal and a royal sovereign. I ended up with the RS, but it was a close call.. the take up roll on the rs ended up being the clincher for me. After using a daige, you are going to be in heaven, congratulations. You should be able to laminate entire rolls with ease.