Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just playing with avatar

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Checkers, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Checkers

Checkers Very Active Member

Jul 24, 2003
    I decided to play with my settings a little and test my avatar.

Havin' fun,

Checkers

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    looks good Brian. Are you open for business?

3. Checkers

Jul 24, 2003
    Not yet Doug, I'll find out in a few days.
    I just submitted an application to a special unemployment program that may help me get things going. If I get accepted into the program, I can still collect UC benefits and start/run the business at the same time.
    The program also offers 69 hours of business advice classes and up to 20 hours of free counceling with professionals from various fields. There are some strings attached, but I think it will be worth it.

Thanks for asking,

Checkers

4. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    I checked out that link you posted in Letterville chat. Can you post it again? I didn't look it over too long since I wanted to check back on the action, but I was confused if it was for self employment assistance or to help UI folks with a job search. Now I have a better clue. Sounds like a great opportunity. (makes your old boss help finance you going into competition against him... only in America :Big Laugh )

5. kevco

kevco Guest

Heck, my old boss didn't "finance" me very well when I was employed by him. He would have flipped if they had that program here. Of course he didn't take me real serious anyway till I pretty much took over the temporary sign market here:tongue: Good luck Brian! I wish you as much success in your new endeavor as I've had in mine and more.

6. Ursta Graphics

Ursta Graphics Member

Feb 17, 2005
    Hermitage, Pa
    Looks good Brian! How about a full size image of your new logo? Congrats on taking the plunge from a fellow Pennsyltuckian!

7. Checkers

Jul 24, 2003
    OK Doug, ya lost me. What was link about?
    Thanks for the vote of confidence guys. I'm sure I can do it on my own, but this program should really be a bonus by connecting me with the right people who can help me start my business right. Plus, the others in this program will need signs.
    I'm gonna try to post a pic of a larger logo...
    [​IMG]

Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Checkers

8. iSign

iSign Verboten

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    the link to this "program" you're talking about

9. Checkers

Jul 24, 2003
  10. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Yeah I like the logo Checkers. Has a nice friendly "retro" feel to it. Makes me wanna go and buy ice cream or something.

11. gtjet

gtjet Active Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Yeah or an old fashioned malt, fries and a greesy cheeseburger.

12. Checkers

Jul 24, 2003
    Hey, that's not a bad idea guys. When I get things going well, I can decorate the place to look like an old fashioned soda jerk or diner. I really like the fun feeling that you get when you walk into thos places.
    However, I guess it's probably not that great if it doesn't want to make you buy a sign :)

Cheers,

Checkers

13. signdog

signdog Member

Feb 3, 2005
    Nice logo Brian :U Rock: