• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just refused 2nd truck shipment of 040 Aluminum...Need new Alum Supplier ASAP

gurlwithapen

I just had to refuse my second pallet truck shipment from Grimco of 4x8' sheets of .040 Aluminum.

First shipment came on Friday...batch looked like someone had been using it for karate practice....packaged with one flimsy piece of cardboard, not wrapped but just sitting in front of the sheets..... Refused.

Second shipment just arrived...this time it was on a pallet, but the sheets had been folded/creased?! ...refused...
:omg2:

meanwhile, i have a client waiting on his 4x8' signs...

I call Grimco and they just told me that unless I was going to buy something with a little more "weight" then the next package would probably arrive in the same condition...and I should probably just come pick this up....

1.) I live 3 hours away from the Dallas branch
2) why didnt someone mention this the 1st or the 2nd time i ordered the .040?

ugh.......so now I've got a deposit on a job i don't have the substrates to complete....pretty ticked off and embarrassed that i now have to tell my client he won't have signs today....AGAIN. And I'm not sure where I'm going to get the materials.

anyone know any other suppliers who deliver to Texas? (NOT GRIMCO lol)

Thanks for listening to my bitching :notworthy::thankyou:

wildside

nglantz

they deliver their stuff on their own truck once a week here at least, check local listings

d fleming

Check your local roofing supply companies. Also check for fabricators in your area, i.e. sheet metal shops that do roofing, hood exhaust work, etc. Grimco is USELESS when it comes to shipping aluminum, my last metal purchase from them cured me of ever giving them any business again.

CanuckSigns

Check your local roofing supply companies. Also check for fabricators in your area, i.e. sheet metal shops that do roofing, hood exhaust work, etc. Grimco is USELESS when it comes to shipping aluminum, my last metal purchase from them cured me of ever giving them any business again.

:goodpost: This, it's usually a lot less expensive, as it's not a specialty "sign substrate"

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Glantz is a good solution. If they're local to you and they deliver in their truck you're golden. Talk to the branch manager and let that person know what you have gone thru and ask him to Personally check stock and quality for you!

gurlwithapen

I have called a machine shop. They don't have exactly what I need for this job, but it may be a good back up.

Thank you SO much guys! Time for a new supplier. I'll talk to your suggestions. Cant tell you how much I appreciate this :toasting:

gurlwithapen

Glantz is a good solution. If they're local to you and they deliver in their truck you're golden. Talk to the branch manager and let that person know what you have gone thru and ask him to Personally check stock and quality for you!

Only in my dreams lol. I live in a small town and none of the big boys want to drive a truck out for lil ole me ;)

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
The .040 aluminum is commonly used to skin semi (and other smaller) trailers. You might check and see if there is a trailer dealer/repair place near you.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
If you're buying by the pallet load like you said, EMS is probably going to your best bet. Their trucks make the trip up Hwy. 45 to Dallas frequently. I would imagine they'd swing off and deliver without a problem.

wildside

Only in my dreams lol. I live in a small town and none of the big boys want to drive a truck out for lil ole me ;)

we are 4 hours away from the kansas city branch of nglantz, and they will bring their truck clear out here to us for a minimum order of $500, and not add shipping charges on top of it either, they do routes with the delivery, you never know how close they may are come to you already