• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just slipped a disk.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
First "major" injury while working. I was pushing against a lintel on a door frame.

Anyone know any stretches or movements I can make besides curling into a ball on the floor? Figure a lot of you old cranky guys (does this make me an old cranky guy?) might have a tip or two.

TimToad

First "major" injury while working. I was pushing against a lintel on a door frame.

Anyone know any stretches or movements I can make besides curling into a ball on the floor? Figure a lot of you old cranky guys (does this make me an old cranky guy?) might have a tip or two.

Alternate ice and heat and go see a chiropractor as soon as possible.

If you threw something out of alignment, the sooner a professional resets your spine, the quicker the swelling and pain will go down.

Painkillers and salves just mask the pain.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Grimco is having a sale on new backs...I like their "Max Back" line. I think they extended the Back Madness sale for one more day so you'll have to hurry.

Hollywoodsigns

Designer, printer
After loading and unloading 64" printers all day everyday for the last 19 years I had to have back surgery 3 weeks ago. 2 very bulged disks. Remember Use your Legs.....

equippaint

Shake it off there's work to get done

Attachments

• manpons.jpg
    manpons.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 323

letterman7

If you actually slipped a disc, you'd likely be in the hospital right now. What you probably did is hyperextend your lower back, like I did 10 years ago. Felt like a knife went right through my spine (and still does occasionally to this day). I wouldn't suggest a chiropractor either, but a trip to your primary physician for a script for physical therapy. They'll help you learn the stretches and get your lower back (somewhat) back into shape.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I agree, I'm no doctor, but if you slipped a disc, you wouldn't be here doing this. You probably pinched a nerve. The 15 minutes of heat, then 15 minutes of ice is good. More ice, the better. What you most likely have now is due to swelling. If it were me, I'd take 3- 200mg of ibuprofen 3 times a day, as that will relieve swelling and pain levels. Chiropractors are fine, but they have lotsa short comings and will try to relieve problems that need more than cracking of bones and stuff. Take it from a guy who broke his back twice.

ikarasu

A good chiropractor teaches you stretches. It's not all joint cracking like on tv. I worked in a tool warehouse lifting 50lb boxes all day. My back was killing me.so much I couldn't bend. I went to a chiropractor and he taught Me proper stretches. To this day I've had no back pain last longer than a day... When I feel it getting stiff I just do the stretches and I'm fine in the morning.

I'm sure the nothing I couldn't have learned from YouTube. But him showing me how and doing it, and feeling the difference it made helped me realize it worked and was worth it. As with all professions there's good and bad workers though.... So you may get an idiot who just wants to Bill you for your max insurance sessions

Johnny Best

Hope your back is feeling better. Can I ask why you were pushing against a lintel of the door frame in the first place.

d fleming

My inversion table changed my life. I recommend hanging like a bat 15 minutes a day! Seriously, get one you won't regret it.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Well, I toughed it out til 230. Couldnt even sit in the chair, let along walk, so went to the Chiro.
They're thinking its a pinched nerve, put me on the table, tens unit, and traction roller.
Iced the hell out of it last night and took a hot shower.

its about 50% better, so I can at least think at this point.

I was pushing on the door frame to stretch, like I've done almost every single day since I've been here.