• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV-3 Half of Cyan not printing after head replacement

Mimaki Mama

Test print showed bad results on Cyan head. It had a broken "projection" to the damper. SO, I replaced the Cyan head.

Now, it is only printing half of the cyan. I pulled ink through line, damper and also from under the capping station. Still no ink on right side of cyan test print.

Please advise.

NOTE: Last week I replaced:
capping station
both pumps
both magenta ink sensor switches
all 8 dampers & washers

MikePro

broken "projection"? you mean the black nipple? ~manifold
if so, save your printhead. manifold replacement is merely a $40 part and two-screws to swap.

back to your issue:
check the right-side ribbon cable for any defects.
is it pinched? not seated correctly? ...or, worst case, any drops of ink that may have trickled-down the cable into the connection?

MikePro

sweeeet! gratz on the fix!

attachment.php

Mimaki Mama

If I change the manifold, do I have to keep the Head ID or do I change it to the ID on the transferred manifold?

Years of changing these Heads tells me that for all the multitude of Head ID codes there are probably only a few different voltages and waveforms that are used. That said it's always best to do things properly so keep the ID that came with the manifold that was originally on the Head. If you do reuse a manifold make sure to flush it out thoroughly with acetone or cleaning solution before installing it on a new head - There are fine filter screens inside the Manifold that can clog as ink dries inside there. If in doubt, order a new Manifold.