• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV 3 Print Head MANIFOLD PROBLEM

GettysburgSigns

I Need HELP with the Print Head Manifold on the JV3 - the Black Thingy that attaches on top of the Print Head and allows the Attachment of the Dampers/Ink Lines.
(JV THREE - Not the three three)

The little plastic "Extension or Shaft", for lack of a technical name, had Snapped Off ( I had to Remove the Black Head to Clean it better, and when replacing the Damper. . . SNAP!!! )
I Ordered Replacement Manifolds for the "DX4", and I Thought that was the correct animal.
When I Replaced the Originals though, I noticed that the NEW Shafts are "SHORTER" than the Originals.
New shafts are about 5/16" like this> [==>
Old shafts are about 7/16" like this > [===>

• I believe this is causing a few Issues:
  • Are the Longer Shafted Manifolds no longer available? Because. . .
  • After replacement, I noticed that the Printer does not properly draw the Ink
  • I thought that the shorter length may not allow for the Damper to Set "LOW Enough" onto the shaft
  • I then "Modified" the Black Caps that cover the print head (and the Ribbon Cables Slide Through), to allow the Dampers to Set properly.
  • That didn't remedy the problem - even though they now fit snug
  • I even replaced Two Dampers, and Left Two Original, to see if it was a damper/vacuum issue.
  • The Pumps ARE working fine.
  • The Black and Cyan are the Problems (I changed the Cyan manifold at the same time) - and the Magenta and Yellow are just fine.
  • Finally - Where can I find the "Black Caps" that fit over the print head assembly, so I can have all of them at the same level again?

So NOW, I don't know why the ink wont flow into the Heads - AND the Cyan won't Hold the Ink in the Ink-Lines from the Cartridges.
Any Suggestions or help will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Gene

MikePro

yeah, your problem is no longer the manifold. you've most likely gotten vaporlock, airbubble inside the printhead.
park the carriage, and use a syringe to lightly draw ink through the tube the connects to the top of your inkpump.

GettysburgSigns

That's what I thought too, but no such luck. :/
Even when the Ink is pulled through the Lines (cyan being the main problem) it will not Hold.
The Ink will not remain in either the Line TO the Pump or the Line FROM the Ink Cartridges.
Ink remains in the Damper - But even THEN it will not print but a few lines at most.

yeah, your problem is no longer the manifold. you've most likely gotten vaporlock, airbubble inside the printhead.
park the carriage, and use a syringe to lightly draw ink through the tube the connects to the top of your inkpump.