• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV 33-160 slow printing speed

didisan

Hello all,

we bought a used Mimaki JV 33-160 recently.
So far its running well.
I was just wondering about this issue: When the print head moves he always stops at the point of retun for a fraction of a second, maybe half a second, hard to tell. I have seen videos where it dont stop but immediately returns, which increases printing speed of course. So I dont think its normal.
Its bi-directional print.
Can this be set somewhere?
I made a very short video of it:

Thanks for any reply.

Dietmar

Last edited:

OmegaAdv

It happended if the connection with rip is slow and it wait to get the parameters... Try when you start print to wait some minutes at local to transfer more info.

signman315

Signmaker
It happended if the connection with rip is slow and it wait to get the parameters... Try when you start print to wait some minutes at local to transfer more info.
Yup could be what Omega said, and not sure what RIP you are using but RasterLink and ONYX and most others have an interpass delay/pause option that could also cause this...it’s a setting that you set to pause it between passes and it’s typically in the half a second to second range

didisan

Hello Signman,

thanks, I checked that and its set to 0.
I am using Rasterlink 5.
Not sure it depends on the resolution.
If the head is on the turnpoint the paper must move forward which needs time.
Need to make more tesing but ideas welcoem of course.

Regards

Dietmar