• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV 33 vaccum leak???

1robbie

I have a JV 33. My prints tarting going bad today. I have done multiple cleanings and just put in a new pump. I have no vaccum at the capping station. Any suggestions.

artbot

did it start leaking air after a pump change or before? you can always locate an air leak with automotive stethoscope. park the carriage and then pull a vacuum at the waste line. you'll need to turn off
all noise making things. A/C, computer fans, everything. you'll be able to hear a hiss where the air is pulling in.

to judge if the capping station is parking squarely on the head. paint the edge of the capping station with some black ink. now gently park the head. and then gently unpark the head. with a flashlight, you'll be able to
see the alignment by the ink that has been "printed" onto the bottom of the head.