• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV-34 Third Party Inks

mbasch

Anyone running 3rd party inks on a JV-34. I am assuming that any SS21 compatible ink would run in it, but would love feedback if anyone has experience.

Thanks!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
We have been running Triangle JVV ink in our JV33 for close to year. Works great but for the past few months there has been some physical issues with the cartridges - the empty flag does not pop out when it's truly empty. The printer keeps right on going thinking it still has ink if this happens.

Not happening on all cartridges (I have had about 6 of them do this over the past 4 months or so) and I will say I've had this happen on OEM Mimaki ink once or twice over the years as well. Triangle does know about the problem though and is looking into it. I shipped them 2 carts that ran dry this way for them to look at.

Triangle does have a wider gamut as well - depending on your capabilites you would also benefit from creating your own profiles which will take advantage of the expanded color range. We use Flexi and have an Eye One which lets us creat our own profiles...

Awards+

We have been running Triangle JVV ink in our JV33 for close to year. Works great but for the past few months there has been some physical issues with the cartridges - the empty flag does not pop out when it's truly empty. The printer keeps right on going thinking it still has ink if this happens.

Not happening on all cartridges (I have had about 6 of them do this over the past 4 months or so) and I will say I've had this happen on OEM Mimaki ink once or twice over the years as well. Triangle does know about the problem though and is looking into it. I shipped them 2 carts that ran dry this way for them to look at.

Triangle does have a wider gamut as well - depending on your capabilites you would also benefit from creating your own profiles which will take advantage of the expanded color range. We use Flexi and have an Eye One which lets us creat our own profiles...

Any trouble with reds and yellows?

mbasch

Thanks for the info

Thanks fo for the replies.

We used Triangle for quite some time in our old JV3's. We liked the color, but had problems with nozzle clogging. We lost 3 heads in 6 months. When we switched away from them to another vendor our issues went away and we would get 1-2 years from a head. To give them credit it was 6 years ago. I am certain quality, service and distribution has improved. We were never able to find out if it was truly bad ink since they weren't really setup to support end users. I have no recent experience with them, but needless to say I am a bit gun shy of triangle.

I am trying the bordeaux inks in it right now. My only concern with them is that they have a "similar color gamut to oem inks". They do claim longer lightfastness, but I guess I won't know that for at least a year. Does anyone have any feedback on bordeaux?

I'll post my results once I get a few liters through it.