• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV-4: Error 30 during Ink Change Wash

jacoboes

I've recently picked up a JV-4 and am in the process of changing out the Mimaki Pigment and Dye cartridges that came with it for bulk fill Sub ink. I've followed the steps in the operation manual for performing an ink change, and have successfully completed the removal and discharge of the old ink, but when I load the bulk cartridges with the cleaning solution the printer attempts to start the wash cycle and is interrupted by "Error 30: Operation". The printer does recognize that the cartridges are loaded, because it starts the wash cycle. I also removed the bulk fills and replaced the Mimaki cartridges that were in there originally, and the printer filled and the error message went away.

Is there some step I'm missing in loading the bulk fill cartridges? I've Googled without any luck. I do only have the cartridges partially filled with cleaning solution, but I don't know why this would throw the machine off. All covers have been checked, and as mentioned, the machine is operating fine with the original cartridges.

Thanks for any insight.

Update: I got brave and decided to do the ink change for the rear cartridges, and everything went fine, so it isn't an issue with just the cartridges, but something with the cartridges and the front station.

Update 2: Decided to go back and try the front station again and the error didn't show up. Thread can be deleted unless someone has any idea what may have been causing it other than a glitch.