• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV150 MISSING 2 COLORS ON TEST PRINT

Zambookajoe

Good Morning

I need a bit of help, my machine(JV150-160 SS21) sat idle doing its cleans and all that since Christmas and yesterday I came back from vacation and decided to do a test print to see how everything is doing, I could see that I was missing most of the yellow color3 and most of the magenta color 8, so decide to do a head soak, cleans, ink fills to bring it back but after fiddling with it for 4-5 hours it went backwards, lost all of yellow 3 and lost all of magenta 8, all the other colors are fine, did an overnight soak didn't do absolutely nothing.

so ordered dampers, cap and pump, (the cap was changed about 2 months ago so its in good shape)
but I will still change it.

Ive talked to one tech, he says its the head that dried, I would debate that because there was some ink on the initial test print and usually I would see a positive gain after a head soak but now its actually going backwards.

Any thoughts, suggestions while I wait for parts, I know its not a jv33 but when this happened on a jv33 it was usually a damper, but this machine has 4 dampers 2 colors per damper

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds dumb but make sure there is actually ink in the cartridges. If the cartridge is empty and didn't flag the machine it will just pull back on the system and cause the ink to recede back into the ink line.

After that it is probably the dampers or cap top. You are on the right track.

Zambookajoe

Ive switched cartridges this morning, just on a huntch because I remember my jv33 doing that once but nothing.

I tried something a bit out of the ordinary this morning , since these dampers are double colors and not the same color I might say
I switch the lines on them, the one I switched is the yellow and black, but nothing different same result

hbb2008

Premium Subscriber
maybe Air is in the lines? Also, one time I left for Christmas and I decided to turn off the power fully to my JV33 rather than just putting it to sleep and when I came back the ink dried in my head and it was not savable. I use water based inks which are almost impossible to recover when that happens. not sure what you use.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Water based inks should be easier to recover than solvent inks. Usually with the water based inks I use whatever the manufacturer sends with the ink. If that is unavailable then I usually use a mixture of alcohol and distilled water to flush the heads. If you switched the lines and the same thing is happening, it's very possible that the nozzles are clogged and you may have to flush.

Zambookajoe

Im running ss21 inks, printer had power and was doing it self cleans all through the holidays.

if the nozzles are clogged why some color in the first test print ?

Zambookajoe

found the problem, after doing like 10 ink fills trying to fill up the new dampers I spotted a leak under the cap, I took the damper out and found a little black plug lying in the machine, well guess what it must of fell off at some point its used to cover the third nipple under the cap, put it back on and boom everything is back to normal, 2 days wasted LOL