• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV150- Prints coming out too reddish/pink

JM4Designs

I recently took over running the printers at work, the CJV30 is pretty accurate color-wise, but our JV150 is printing way too reddish. An orange warning sign I just printed needed the magenta pulled back in the art about 15%. Photos of people come out looking sunburnt. Doesn't matter what profile I'm using, and I'd rather get to the root of the issue than have to keep adjusting files. Anybody have some things I can check or is there some sort of calibration? Thanks in advance!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The root of the issue is that the profiles that come with the printer were made in a different place with different environmental conditions to where you are and it affects the way the ink behaves. The best solution to this is to make your own profiles which can be expensive even if you do it yourself because the equipment is not cheap. The way a lot people go is to try a bunch of profiles and see which ones do best. If you have tried most of the Mimaki ones from their website, try looking around at the vinyl manufacturer's website. If you are using Arlon vinyl go to their sight in the support section and look for ICC profiles for download. Theirs could work better for you. Most major manufacturers will have these on their site.

It may be the case that your head is not firing all the nozzles which will make colors look off. If your test print is printing 100% there shouldn't be an issue. Next time you are printing watch the colors and see if they seem to fade or start to become off as the printer prints. This could be a sign of ink flow issues.

JM4Designs

The root of the issue is that the profiles that come with the printer were made in a different place with different environmental conditions to where you are and it affects the way the ink behaves. The best solution to this is to make your own profiles which can be expensive even if you do it yourself because the equipment is not cheap. The way a lot people go is to try a bunch of profiles and see which ones do best. If you have tried most of the Mimaki ones from their website, try looking around at the vinyl manufacturer's website. If you are using Arlon vinyl go to their sight in the support section and look for ICC profiles for download. Theirs could work better for you. Most major manufacturers will have these on their site.

It may be the case that your head is not firing all the nozzles which will make colors look off. If your test print is printing 100% there shouldn't be an issue. Next time you are printing watch the colors and see if they seem to fade or start to become off as the printer prints. This could be a sign of ink flow issues.

Test prints are fine, and I've tried profiles from all of our media manufacturers, 3m, Orajet, etc. All seem to have the same issue. If it were an issue of profiles being made in a different place, then I would assume our CJV30 would have the same issue, but it does not.

JM4Designs

Results? All fixed? I'm interested to hear what the problem is/was.
- Doug
Nope. Still the same problem. I've collected a whole bunch of other ICC profiles and some come out less red/pinkish. Still off though. I just don't understand how I can have this problem on our JV150 but our CJV30 which sits right next to it does just fine with the built in profiles. Unfortunately I can't always use the CJV30 for printing everything as sometimes that's needed to cut or run things on different media.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Doesn't sound like a profile issue. Sounds like a printer issue, magenta getting ink into other colors somehow. Sounds like a tech is in order.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I just don't understand how I can have this problem on our JV150 but our CJV30 which sits right next to it does just fine with the built in profiles.

The JV150 and CJV30 use different heads so the drops are laid down differently which affects color. Boxed profiles are a cheap way to get started but if you want complete control of the color output on your machine you have to make your own. Most the time they take the old profiles and tweek them to work with the new machines which is far from an ideal situation. They give you these profiles to start with so you can print the same day you install the machine but they do not guarantee color accuracy at all.

You printed with the CJV30 before you got the JV150 and so it seems like the JV150 is printing too much magenta but if you reversed the order that you got the machines you would be saying that the CJV doesn't print enough magenta. It all comes down to the fact that they are different machines that aren't calibrated to one another. Until they are, you won't get the same color output from them.

FrankW

Do you use original ink? I had that on a roland some years ago that third party ink have produced very reddish prints. The Mimaki-Profiles are made for the Mimaki Inks, and if the ink have a different colour gamut, you will run into problems.