• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV22 new mainboard FW dowwngrade

samwear

I bought a new mainboard for my ageing JV22.
got all the software, FWupdate tools, ROM's and PRM's,
but it seems that the Firmware 7.00, which is on the board,
doesnot like to be or cannot be downgraded to a level where I can download the correct ROM to the new board.

Does anyone knows the way to get it done?

:thankyou:

avee2010

don't know, but if you find out let me know, i just friend my jv22 board and will have to have some options when i get a new one =)

97GTB

JV22 firmware only went as high as 4.2 I think if it says 7.00 i'd say it is for a JV3.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Actually the final firmware for a JV22 was 3.00, JV4 was 3.20, JV3S was 5.60, JV3SP was 7.70. If it has a version 7.x firmware on it then you have a JV3SP board. If I remember right 4.0 to 4.1 was a "point of no return" firmware update where you had to change to a different PRM file on JV3SP models. I might be wrong but I think they can still be downgraded but you would have to first downgrade to 4.1, then change to the earlier PRM file and downgrade to 4.0, then should be able to downgrade it further. Honestly have no idea if the board might freak out about something like a checksum error if you then attempt to load JV22 firmware with a JV22 PRM file onto the board. There is probably a way using the parallel port and copy command line functions to force it onto the board though versus using the F/W update tool. May even be able to force JV22 V3.0 firmware directly onto the board going the command prompt route skipping downgrades and the windows update tool totally. I'd think the board "should" be ultimatley compatable though - the JV22 is essentially the same machine as a JV3SP just setup for a different type of inks really. Just a matter of forcing the JV22 firmware onto that board. If you can get to that poitn you should then be able to re-load it again with the windows firmware tool to upload the correct parameters with the JV22 PRM file.

k2vin

I google'd to downgrade the firmware from 7.0 to 3.x on the Mimaki JV3-160SP and land to this thread. Referring to the latest post, I will need to downgrade from 7.0 to 4.1 before downgrade to 3.x. Does anyone have the 4.1 ROM file that can share? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!!!

Kevin