• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV3-130 not recognized by desktop

mchldelf

My computer running Windows 10 will not see the printer when hooked up with the 1394 firewire cable. I am not getting any errors on the printer so I'm wondering if the Texas Instruments firewire card is bad in my desktop. My main question is if the 1394 firewire board is bad in the printer would I be getting an error? Thanks for any help!

C5 Service&Repair

what do you mean windows wont see the printer? how about rasterlink? did you install the mimaki driver before plugging in the printer cable?

mchldelf

Yes I did install the driver before plugging in the FireWire cable. The printer will not come up in the device manager.

C5 Service&Repair

JV33 will not show in device manager. It will show as Mimaki V.(whatever driver version you have).
Also, FireWire isn't compatible. Its USB 2.0.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could be the Firewire card or cable. Usually on the JV3 the machine will error out if there is a communication issue. Have you tried the parallel port?

mchldelf

It could be the Firewire card or cable. Usually on the JV3 the machine will error out if there is a communication issue. Have you tried the parallel port?
The printer is very new to me. How do I go about trying the parallel port?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The parallel port is located near the Firewire port. These days most computers don't have a parallel port so you will have to get a USB to Parallel cable. From people who have done it before I have heard the Belkin brand cables work great. It doesn't talk back to the computer so it won't show up in the device manager when you plug it in but you should be able to set it up in your RIP as a COM port.