• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-130SP new ink reads near end

duraedge

I have this problem with my ink reading near end when I insert to my 1st yellow slot...at first I thought it was the chip, but swap it to 2nd yellow slot which was 5 remaining and as I swapped to 1st slot it read near end on the cartridge that had 5 remaining and now the 2nd slot still reads near end on the cartridge that came from the 1st slot. could it be my ink sensor assemly is bad..I think if I keep putting new cartridges it will write near end on all cartridges I insert which will make my chips useless. How can I fix this issue?

genericname

I don't have an answer to this, but I'd like to throw my hat in the ring as someone who is sporadically experiencing this. When we inquired about the printer, we were told there's no way it could write that to the cartridges. When we inquired about the cartridges, we were told it had to be the printer.

I would love to hear if anyone else is experiencing this. Maybe we can get some critical mass going, to get proper investigation of the issue actually moving forward.

skasigns

Our magenta has done this on our last 4 cartridges. We're getting really aggravated. Would love to get some answers also.

MikePro

the sensor that determines ink level on that machine is a spring loaded trigger that makes contact with the mylar bag thru the slot in the cartridge.
you might just need to open up the side of the machine and see what's goin' on. its most likely just worn-out/catching and fixable with some fiddling with the spring.
(unless your machine is somehow sitting at some wierd angle that isn't allowing the ink to sit the way it it was designed to)

uncertain if the sensor reading then translates into encoding the chip on the cartridges, in which case those cartridges would need new chips sent to you from your supplier to make them useful again.

gabagoo

I get this with 3rd party ink at times and usually turn the main power off on the printer and take out the cartridge, re-insert and then power up and back to normal. My printer is 10 years old and the 3rd party ink is less than half of OEM ink, so I don't worry to much if I have to replace the odd cartidge early every so often. I usually write the date on the cartridge when it was swapped out as I know generally how long they last and if the machine is throwing me some BS