• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv3-160 SP Yellow Printhead Issue...

Cmiller01

Printer
Hi All,
We had a tech come in about 2 1/2 weeks ago, did routine maintenance on both of our machines, and replaced capping stations and pumps on both printers. Seemed to work ok for a few days, sometimes a little bit of cyan on the yellow test draw ( maybe a line or two) but now the printer has really become cranky with firing up the yellow printhead. First thing in the morning the past few mornings no yellow in the test draw, but every other color looks perfect. Did a few ink fills ups and strong cleanings, and the yellow will test draw fine. Start printing, and about 2" into the print, yellow seems to be dropping out. Do a test draw, and sometimes half or none of the yellow is there. Now it wont come back at all.
I did email the tech and told him it wasn't really 100% since he changed the pumps and capping station on it. Right now I am doing a 1/2hr nozzle wash and then will be checking the dampers.
I want to note that I was not having any issues with the yellow ink prior to pumps and capping station change, this was all since the tech came in. Never presented a real problem until this weekend. Thoughts????

artbot

i'd send a pic of what the broken yellow pattern looks like. that will tell a lot. after that, i'd start with a damper swap to see if you can port the issue to the cyan channel. but that would be after you've had the chance for the pattern photo to be critiqued.

Cmiller01

Printer
Its more like no yellow at all, the spot where yellow would be is completely blank.... When it does "come back" test draw looks perfect. It is now to the point where it wont come back at all, and when it does it doesnt refill the head after a few inches of printing and finally drops out again. Tech says it is a faulty/weak pump but wont be here to fix until Monday which stinks. I hope that is the issue. Since Mimaki warranties them for 90 days it is covered....
I keep forgetting my cable to upload pictures.