• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160S Question - How to calibrate

DunnSignsVa

Hey everyone,

New here, was astonished by the wealth of information on this site as compared to some others I have visited. Think I found a new fav sign forums site :)

About: Learning how to operate a JV3 160S, I had to start from scratch.. New flexi8, new cables, ink gunk from the machine sitting for 2 months without running.. Stolen catridges out of the back to keep the machine from running.. this was intentional believe it or not. Among other things I finally got the machine online and test printing after 2 weeks of research, cleaning, research, more cleaning, and plenty of questions to local Mimaki Vendors.

Question: After a long and hard road of learning this machine, I have come to the point where it obviously needs a calibration. How is this usually done, the ink layer is set on thin. Any other info you need just shout and I will try to hunt it down.

I hired a tech for $125.00 just to come give me a quote to get it up and running a while back, but after he handed me a $3k bill, I forced myself to learn... quick lol.

Thanks for any info and suggestions you have.

Have a good one,

David Bennett
Dunn Signs of Virginia
www.dunnsigns.tk

DunnSignsVa

Bi Directional I assume, I have also noticed the prints are a bit blurry when I try to print if that helps.

And thanks Jhill, for the warm welcome.

and thank you mod for moving the post to the correct place, my apologies

Last edited: