• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Jv3-160sp Head Issue

Artist369

Has anyone had an issue like this before?
107042-01f655732deff31ee5563a8fee26aa56.jpg
107043-3bcc3fae90c581952883dfd7ba82a7c3.jpg
Everyday the right side of the black head starts off like the first photo. After about 6-7 cleanings i get the result in picture 2. I have had it go 2 or 3 days without working and then miraculously work perfectly the next. Im assuming this is an electrical issue with the head. Trying to figure if there is a way to get this fixed without replacing the head.

Attachments

• IMG1.jpg
    IMG1.jpg
    802.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG2.jpg
    IMG2.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 158

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would start by troubleshooting ink flow issues first. Is there any air in the ink line? How old is the cap top? Is the black pump tube partially clogged or leaking? All of the signs point towards a bad damper, o-ring, manifold or cap top. Check to make sure the manifold is not cracked where the black damper connects to the head. It would be surprising if this was an electrical issue.

MikePro

Definitely looks like an ink flow issue.
The ink system operates like a siphon, who's flow is refreshed by the ink pump when the printheads park on the capping station.
Black shares an ink pump with an adjacent color, i think magenta. So you can most likely rule that out, if the magenta is printing 100%, unless the black waste line is cracked at the pump. Removal of back-cover of printer allows access to ink pumps, above your waste container. Worth the time to gain access & observe the waste lines while running disway wash cycles and pouring cleaning solution down the capping station.

You can also rule out data issues, by performing a "data swap". Diagram by artbot available for search on these forums, where you basically swap the magenta ribbon cable with the black cable and confirm whether the issue stays with the printhead.

after that, my best guess would be that your problem is still with the ink flow. Chances are that it is either an improper connection between the printhead & captop during the refresh cycle, an air bubble in your ink line, or you have a cracked printhead manifold (black plastic tip on the printhead that the ink-line/damper sleeves onto.)

solutions:
capping station: if you apply a slight upward pressure to the black seal/gasket that the black printhead parks onto the capping station, you may be able to lift it slightly which will allow a tighter "fit" when the printhead parks back onto it.

air bubble in ink line: run a bunch of fillupink cycles and observe the ink lines for an air bubble. if there is one, keep running the cycle until it makes its way to the damper.

cracked manifold: last resort, but is pretty common for people that have had issues after recently fiddling with their printheads/dampers. It is an inexpensive part you can order on ebay, or supplier, or salvage from an old printhead BUT replacement is a pain in the butt, and could cause more problems if done improperly/unnecessarily. Requires removal/reinstall of printhead & alignment procedures.

gabagoo

I had this last week and it was air in the line. I ran the fill ink option in the maintenance menu...ran it twice and has been perfect since....