• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-160SP media comp issues

jbyrum

All, I could use your help and expertise.
I bought this printer about 6 weeks ago and it was performing normally when I picked it up. However, since I've installed it in my shop, I've not been able to print anything without lines every 1/4". Looks like media comp to me but no adjustment that I've done has made any change at all.
I'm not using the take up system at this time.
I've changed setting in media Type, (host, plot, media comp etc.)
Flexi 10

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• media comp.jpg
    media comp.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 261

jbyrum

I uploaded the file yesterday when I posted but I guess it didn't make it, just uploaded again.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Media comp can be adjusted in the machine or RIP. Check your RIP settings first and make your adjustments in the RIP whenever possible.

jbyrum

I've adjusted on the machine, it has no affect on these lines. I'm not sure that I know where the setting is in the RIP, I thought I had found it in the driver settings area but it also had no impact on the lines. Nothing that I have done has changed these lines at all.

Ken M. Klein

I've adjusted on the machine, it has no affect on these lines. I'm not sure that I know where the setting is in the RIP, I thought I had found it in the driver settings area but it also had no impact on the lines. Nothing that I have done has changed these lines at all.

Ken M. Klein

I have a JV6-160S for sale that probably needs heads. This machine can be parted-out. $1,000 western suburbs of Chicago.

jbyrum

If you are using Flexi as a RIP, those lines look exactly what Flexi puts in the file when you are running in demo mode.
I did think of that but this is a full version. Where do I look to see if it's in Demo mode somehow?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I did think of that but this is a full version. Where do I look to see if it's in Demo mode somehow?

Find the installation manager and open that up. It will show if it is in demo mode or not. It should be in the start menu or in the SAI folder on your C drive. I am about 100% sure that is the case. The software can reset back to demo for no reason sometimes.

jbyrum

Sorry for the delay but I was on vacation until yesterday so I just got around to resolving this fully today. The issue was Flexi remaining in Demo mode. SAi finally had to set me up with a temp license today until we can sort out the licensing issue on Monday or Tuesday. Thanks everyone for you input, I was about to go crazy.