• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv3-160sp: Rasterlink Pro II to III upgrade? Profiles?

stevenjowens

Folks,

We have a mimaki jv3-160sp.

We had rasterlink pro III, but our rip station's hard drive died.

We have rasterlink pro II with the original install media and the dongle.
When we reinstalled, we found we didn't have the upgrade from II to III.
Mimaki no longer offers the upgrade installer for download. I am trying to find an upgrade.

I saw a copy of rasterlink pro III, without the dongle, for sale on ebay for about $100. Would this work with our dongle?

I'm also looking for more profiles and for info on how to edit and create profiles myself. The profiles that we have so far only go up to 720x720. Previously we had profiles that went to 1440. We also had some profiles that were tweaked to overcome some problems we have with the black printhead (by putting out more of the other colors to add a deep purple to the black). But we lost them when the rip station died. I've seen people talk about tweaking profiles, but I can't seem to find any info on how to do it, either in the docs or online. How do you do this?

We want to replace the problem black head, but our local vendor stopped supporting the JV3-160sp when Mimaki stopped supporting it. We're in Pittsburgh. The nearest tech I can find is in the middle of Ohio. He's great (he used to work for the local vendor), but by the time we pay to get him up here and install a new head, it'll be more than the machine is worth.

While I'm at it, I'm sure that the print heads and carriage could use some physical adjustment, but as far as I can tell the only way to adjust the carriage is to loosen the two screws with the huge flat-head slots and fiddle with the thick/thin media switch. The mimaki docs say get a service person to do anything more. Does anybody have a pointer to a video or a forum thread or a PDF that explains how to adjust the physical alignment & height?