• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-250sp heater dead - no error

genericname

Hey all. Weird issue with the JV3's heater, both pre and post:

It'll heat up just fine, and start printing as it should when it reaches its target temperature, but at seemingly random points, after something has been printing for a while, it'll just stop. Both the "Heat" and "Constant" lights go out, the temperature drops to nothing, and there are no errors on screen. No "breakage", "overcurrent", or "heater off" prompts.

Has anyone run into this before? What's going on with this thing?

Edit: Should clarify, when I say it just stops, I mean the heater only. Printing continues as if nothing has happened, but with multiple panel jobs, the heater dying out half way through can have a huge impact on tiles matching or not.

Are you still having this same problem? It's normal that the heaters should switch off periodically as this is how the printer maintains the temperature that you've set, but it should never go off and stay off. Let me ask this: Are you controlling the temperature from the RIP or from the panel on the printer? If the former then it's possible that the RIP is sending a command to turn the heat off (or to some set point around room temp).

I would suggest taking the computer/RIP out of the equation by setting the priorities on the printer to ignore heater commands from the RIP. To do this do the following:

Priorities:
SETUP=>TYPE 1 (or whichever one you're using)=>PRIORITY=>HEATER=>PLOT (instead of HOST)

Set the Heaters Temps/Off time, etc:
SETUP=>TYPE 1 (or whichever one you're using)=>HEATER=>Now set your desired PRE HEAT, PRINT HEAT and make sure to set both the STANDBY and OFF-TIME to NONE

See what happens with these settings.

Good luck!