• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-75 No Display -- Power on, green power light on

Mimaki Mama

I just changed the black print-head this morning. I powered up, the printer was going through its warmups (galloping horse & wiping) then the display just shut off. Now, nothing.

The green power button is illuminated. But the display screen and small green light next to the display screen are both out.

I powered down, unplugged and waited 10 minutes... plugged in, turned on, and the display light flashed on for a 1/2 second, but NO fans, no power, no backlight on display.

Currently unplugged and waiting for tech to call or one of you pros to help me out...

MM

Mimaki Mama

I opened the back, disconnected the power supply from the main board, plugged in and fan went on. I'm guessing this means it is the mother board then.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That would sound like the main board has failed in most cases. Before you go spending money on a board I would disconnect the print head cables and turn the machine on. If the machine turns on, I would get new print head cables or try installing them again. If the print head cables are bad or not plugged in perfectly, the machine will turn on like you are experiencing. Give me a call if you need any parts. 303-733-6671

Mimaki Mama

I reconnected the power supply to the main board, and DISCONNECTED all of the head cable on the carriage assembly. Still nothing. I though this would at least boot up with 08 head errors across the board.

I guess it's the main board.

I have fixed one thing after another with this machine over the past 3 weeks.

I really need a tech in the Cleveland Ohio region. anyone?