• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3-75SP II printer leak all the ink out overnight HELP!! :)

ahollow

My Mutoh did the same on the Cyan cartridge. If the capping station is over-wet when the head parks, a vaccuum can be created, drawing all the ink out of the cart and into the waste bottle. In my case, I added cleaner to the capping station, as I usually do, just before a cleaning. But I believe I forgot to run the cleaning cycle before leaving for the night. Next morning, the brand new Cyan was empty and in the waste bottle. At least it didn't leak on the floor.

Did you lose one color or all?

schmitty

you need to replace the capping station.

The sponge like things on the capping station will start to swell until it touches the print head and then dump all your ink.

The capping station is one of those things that require regular maintenance.

Good Luck!

Guru Graphics

My Mutoh did the same on the Cyan cartridge. If the capping station is over-wet when the head parks, a vaccuum can be created, drawing all the ink out of the cart and into the waste bottle. In my case, I added cleaner to the capping station, as I usually do, just before a cleaning. But I believe I forgot to run the cleaning cycle before leaving for the night. Next morning, the brand new Cyan was empty and in the waste bottle. At least it didn't leak on the floor.

Did you lose one color or all?

I loset all the colors

ChicagoGraphics

schmitty, Mimaki printers don't use sponges like Roland does.

I would check to see if the ink lines came undone at one of the ends. I had that happen to me once but I was using a bulk ink system and I forgot to close the clamp, never happened using cartages.

Charlie J

same thing happened to me on my roland...i replaced the capping stations...still leaked. I finally got into service mode and adjusted the capping height and it stopped leaking. Not sure if this helps or not.