• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv3 Error 07 HEAD / Printhead codes?

Quix

I recently replaced the slider board in a Mimaki JV3-130SL (this model uses only two printheads) with a used one. I made some test prints and everything worked fine.

Next day the display was showing ERROR 07 HEAD --** (right printhead fail) so supposing it was due to the slider, I replaced it with the original one.

The error continued, and following some recommendations from this group I inverted the printheads to see if the problem was the slider, cables or printhead. Then I got ERROR 07 HEAD **** (both printhead fail) and haven’t been able to solve it since.

After reading some posts I thought it had something to do with the printhead codes (I didn’t feed them because they weren’t legible) though some local technicians have told me it’s not relevant.
Is there any chance the printer is burning the printheads?
If so, what should I do to test outputs before inserting new printheads?
What can I do to use actual printheads without the codes?
Thank you for your valuable help.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
I do not know two heads JV3, as my JV3 sp have 4 heads.
experience with my JV3 160sp, if there is error 07 head, I will checking following process:
1, #TEST〉TEMPERATURECHK〉NOZZLETEMP to find if the temperature is normal
2, replace all head cables and cables from mainboard to slider board
3, replace a good slider board,
4, replace printer head.

your questions:
1, bad cables or dirty cables (if ink leave on head cables' connector) and bad slider board will burning printing head.
2, this error have no relation with head codes

Brent

Aadil

Hi All
I am new here.Apologies..Dont know if im in the right chat... I have an old Mimaki JV3130SL. It has 2 DX4 solvent heads.Yesterday the black half of the MagentaK head dropped completey not even showing up on the test print. My Tech guy did a flush on the heads...checked cables...slider board...and these were fine. He believes its the main board for which he had a spare...but it came out of another JV3.. SP machine which is 6 color. He needs to make the board register as a 4 color SL ...and needs Firmware version 4.1 for a JV3130sl or lower to start the process...if he starts with higher versions of firmware it gets kicked out...is there anyone here that can help please...we desperately need this machine running..Aadil in Cape Town South Africa

MikePro

i've gotten that error on my mimaki jv3 two different ways.... one was a creased ribbon cable, which i replaced, and the other was a drip of ink that ran down the ribbon cable and into the printhead's ribbon cable connection....resulting in having to replace the printhead.

BUT

the fact that you're showing up as error "--**" means that the error your machine is sending is most likely because why there's only 2 of 4 printheads in the machine. so its your firmware or whatever jerry-rigging you're trying to run the machine with two printheads being the cause.