• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

jv3 keeps running, but stops printing!!

10' run stopped printing 2' from end of job, but the
machine was still going through the motions of printing.
stopped, ran test draw, ok, re ripped file and it did the same
thing 2' in ...kept running but wasn't printing. no codes..ehh?

There in all the way. one thing that is strange is the media is straight but the print itself is crooked its shifting almost 1" every 2' then when it reaches a certain point it stops laying ink but continues to travel back and forth but no print.

MikePro

my printer goes through the motion of printing when there's white space.

chance you might have some file corruption/bad rip?

artbot

you must have a serious encoder situation. you said the image is shifting very badly. the image data may be shifting right off into oblivion. and the rip is cropping the data out.

inspect your encoder for damage or ink, etc. also blow some air at your encoder sensor.

Freese

you must have a serious encoder situation. you said the image is shifting very badly. the image data may be shifting right off into oblivion. and the rip is cropping the data out.

inspect your encoder for damage or ink, etc. also blow some air at your encoder sensor.

I 2nd that...whenever I hear prints stepping or skewing...I check that damn strip