• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Permanent chip go bad?????

johnyoung99

Hi, Do permanent bulk ink chips go bad? My yellow ink is not registering. The chip is less than a year old. I have turned the machine off and on numerous times and sometimes the yellow registers and now not at all. Could the chip have been damaged?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Here is one thing that I ran into with permanent chips on one machine. The chips on the back left (yellow) seem to be the furthest from the board in the machine that detects the chips. The bulk ink cartridges I was using had a spot on the back of the cartridge where the permanent chip would plug into the back edge. That simply went to a a couple of wires through the bottom of the cartridge to another chip mounted to the side of the cartridge to make contact in the slot to the machine. This machine would only recognize 1 of the 4 chips on the left side - it seems the machines are very sensitive to the distance the signal has to travel. I removed the pass through chip from the side of the bulk cartridge, cut the wire soldered to it, and installed the permanent chip directly to the side of the bulk cartridge and it worked like a charm all of the sudden and never had the problem again. Might be worth a try.

inkmed

Permanent chips go bad?
If it is not damaged by the instable voltage, please check the firmware version of printer and the chips.
When printer firmware version higher than chip's version, Printer can not recognize the chips.

Adam from Inkmed