• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Print Heads

RSC

Anyone bought a print head from Field Center USA. He claims to have brand new Mimaki print heads for the JV3 for $650 shipped?

jjwstar

give me their website....i would like to check it out.

what ink are you using?

i m using JVS ink & i notice the new head clogs after few prints. nozzle washing & head wash is no help. so now printing small black text is not encouraging.

eforer

Did you wash the head out really thoroughly with solvent through the damper fitting before you installed it? The liquid left in it coagulates with ink and clogs the heads.

Robert M

Heads

I have some Roland heads that will fit the JV3
we flush out the waterbased ink used by Epson for testing with solvent cleaning fluid before we send them in case the end user forgets.
The new Roland head price is now $895.00

Robert M

Heads

Epson heads are all tested at the factory with waterbased inks. The Epson DX4 head was designed for an Epson aqueous printers. Roland and Mimaki converted them for use in their printers by improving the top part of the head (manifold) so it could take the solvent inks. So that is why there is aqueous ink in the head. We flush that ink out with solvent cleaner before we ship them. Roland has stuck with these old stype heads while Mutoh and Mimaki have moved on to the latest Epson heads.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We sold quiet a few units within last six months. Give us a call & we'll provide some customers' numbers who bought from us.

$650 shipped only for Signs101 members.

Francis
(949)209-7306

Firstmate

epson print heads? from field center

1st my problem is the little metal clip that protects the heads on the mimaki, it has gotten ripped up from colliding with the stainless "substrate guides" mimaki will not sell this part without replacing the entire head (4000) grrrrr you need that screw, ya gotta buy the whole engine!
do you have this "head protector"?

2 you say that mimaki modifies the epson heads, that is why they need flushing. do you modify the heads the same way mimaki does?

3. Do the heads you supply have this metal protection piece?

4. from what I understand there is much calibration to be done after replacing the print heads, do you supply this support/instruction?

sigh mimaki user-- well for a while anyway, maybe.

Robert M

Your part

I know the part you are looking for, held in place with two screws. I can take one off and old head but you will have to take the head out of the printer. My guess is that the heads nozzles will be damaged as well

Firstmate

This seems like poor engineering, some smart guy should make a guide that holds the material down in front of and behind where the print heads pass over,----
I wonder how many people have this problem seems like not enough clearance above the material guides and the print heads
anyone else have the same problem
mimaki print head hitting the material guides?

particleman

sounds like your guides are bent to far up, the metal is pretty flexible I have had to unscrew them and bend them down some before.