• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV3 Trouble

RSC

I was trying to clean our printer heads and hit the green power button twice accidently and sent the printer into cleaning mode.

It powered up and reads on LCD screen the type of inks are in it (SS2-4color. I hit enter now it looks like it wants to clean and purge the whole system? If I unplug it continues to go right back to this startup screen.

Anyone now how I can reset it to get back to the LOCAL home screen without purging the whole system?

Thanks

ColesCreations

I am not sure how to get out of it, but I know how to trick the printer into running the purge / clean cycle without using ink...

Open the back of the printer and unscrew the pumps- then only the pump motors will turn, and no ink will be pumped.

When it asks for cleaning cartridges, just insert your ink cartridges with chips removed.

Afterwards do a light cleaning, and everything should be fine. Make sure you do a few small jobs before doing a big one due to the small chance of air in the system and a ruined print.

RSC

Yes thats what it was wanitng to do. However I was able to get out of it. Now I cannot seem to get the Cyan to pump I even replaced both pumps?

TheSnowman

My JV3 did the "Fillup" everytime I turned the printer on for about the first three months I had it. It wasted SO MUCH INK! Finally In convinced the techs that it was a problem, and that it wasn't normal for it to pump for 30 minutes each time I'd turn it on. They bought me one set of ink, whoop-tee-do! They had to replace the circuit board two times before they got it right...but that's all I could do to get around it.

wildside

where did you get the machine? call the tech from the place you bought it

should be a very easy fix in my opinion

it asked me that once and i hit cancel, never did it again

ColesCreations

If Cyan is the only one not pumping, the line from the capping station to the pump may be blocked. (Or the cyan head may be blocked, what's your setup?)

Push the head out with power out, put some cleaning fluid in the cap and see if it disappears. If not, the line is blocked. Now, if it does disappear, turn the printer on untill you hear it starting to pump, and turn it off in the back. Put cleaning fluid in the cap. If it disappears the pump may be bad, if it holds the cleaning fluid now, the pump is OK.

If the fluid disappeared in the second sted, you need to power up the printer and follow the manual for a head wash and check that it holds fluid then.

(the turning off the printer part while pumping is just an easy way to get the pumps to get "active" and hold fluid)