• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV300-160 - printer is great.. i hate rasterlink 6

petesign

on the hardware side, I can do nothing but rave about the jv300 - coming from the jv33, its familiar enough tha I feel confident I can maintain it for the long haul... but wow is the speed nice.

Rasterlink 6 however, is not an improvement so far. What I used to be able to do with three clicks on the same screen, now requires tedious navigation through menus. Why change such a streamlined process for icons and pages all over the place? Has anyone else gone through the transition from 5 to 6, and have some tips on how to streamline the process a little?

Cranniga1

We upgraded our jv33-160 to a 300-160 as well and I had a tough time navigating rasterlinks as well. We used flexi on the old one though, so I was learning a different program. The hardest thing I have found is trying to crop images as well as arrangement of nested jobs seems to be very inaccurate in how the program nests things. I usually manually do it which adds up time wise. All I can say is stick with it and you'll get used to it, the color profiles it comes with are awesome, and if you had gone with onyx it is my understanding you have to build them from the ground up

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree that Rasterlink in general is a little clunky but I feel that way about most RIP software. The only advice I can give you is try out the, "Favorites", feature. It allows you to setup jobs and then save the settings to be used on future jobs. So any job that gets the same treatment, you just open the file and tell it which saved settings to use and it sets it all up for you. It saves profile settings, layout, copies and pretty much any setting you can think of.

petesign

I think the favorites tab works with the hot folder... and some windows 10 update in July nuked that for now. Anyone else experienced this?

MuhammadOsta

I agree that Rasterlink in general is a little clunky but I feel that way about most RIP software. The only advice I can give you is try out the, "Favorites", feature. It allows you to setup jobs and then save the settings to be used on future jobs. So any job that gets the same treatment, you just open the file and tell it which saved settings to use and it sets it all up for you. It saves profile settings, layout, copies and pretty much any setting you can think of.

not quiet that easy to count on the "favorites" feature, rasterlink6 make some mistakes about this. I've been using it for 3years, every update I wait, same problems remain with every update.

MuhammadOsta

I think the favorites tab works with the hot folder... and some windows 10 update in July nuked that for now. Anyone else experienced this?

Mimaki fixed this with the 5.2 release,
check http://miws.mimaki.jp/updatadoc/enRL6.aspx

Bug: For the OS installed the following "Security Update for Microsoft Windows" of Windows Update, printer driver and hot folder cannot be created at RasterLink6.
Fixed:
Printer driver for each architecture (32bit/ 64bit) of PC which installed RasterLink6, and hot folder can be created

petesign

I am running 5.0 - I will take a look at it next week when I am not completely snowed under with work. Its a good problem to have, but its still a problem.
Thank you!
-Pete