Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jv33-160

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Mega Format, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Mega Format

Mega Format Member

May 8, 2012
    Hello, i'm getting on my mimaki jv33-160 error 250 y coordinate i would like to know if changing the slider board will help for this?
    Thanks

2. inkmed

inkmed Verboten

Jan 4, 2010
    if getting this error when printer starting, it may be problem of feed motor and photo sensor
    if gettiong this error when printing, it may be problem of Y motor.
    if confirm the problem is not caused by motors, you need track the slider board and mainboard.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

3. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    Clean the slider bar with a dry, lint-free cloth, then oil it with a couple drops of sewing machine oil, every couple of feet. Work the oil across the bar with a new, clean piece of lint-free cloth.

If you're problem's not electrical, your error should be gone. This happens when there's too much friction between the slider bar and the head carriage; the system shuts it down before it causes any damage to the motor.

4. Mega Format

Mega Format Member

May 8, 2012
    Thank you very much i will try the y motor first, anybody know where to get it?
    thanks

5. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    Actually, my bad, the cleaning typically solves the generic "Y ERROR". For your problem, you probably just need to clean the encoder scale. Just a lint free cloth with water should do it. Keep alcohol away from the band.

Still, clean that bar anyway; it's a good part to add to your routine. And for crying out loud don't toss money at a new part when you haven't tried something as simple as cleaning first.

6. Mega Format

Mega Format Member

May 8, 2012
    i tried allready cleaning and oilling we had alot of problems with this mechine but i'm just getting the error 250.
    Thanks