• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jv33-160

Z SIGNS

So a roll of vinyl fell over and hit the printer cable. Now the computer does not see the printer. Does not appear to be any damage to the port it plugs into. I have tried the obvious new cable reboots etc. Any ideas

timgo

Graphics Designer
So a roll of vinyl fell over and hit the printer cable. Now the computer does not see the printer. Does not appear to be any damage to the port it plugs into. I have tried the obvious new cable reboots etc. Any ideas

What is your RIP software?

Redleaf

The small wires within the cable connector could have separated from the pins if there was too much force applied by the falling roll. This is hard to verify if the connector is a molded one. Try a different cable that you know is good.

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber

Sounds like you probably did some hidden damage to your port. Probably going to have to solder in a new one or replace the board its on.