• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160BS,,,,,, Cyan mising. (M-YKKY-M)

shifil_mimak

Hii hello,,,need your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mimaki JV33-160BS

Cyan missing in the test draw (M-YKKY-M)
Remaining all colors are 100%
One week before replaced to new spares (PrintHead original,,,All dampers,,,pump,,capping)
Today suddenly cyan missed on completing one file printing & on starting another.
Did all basic methods to recover cyan,,,but nothing happened.
But.............
..........For checking purpose i unplugged the 2 cyan dampers & fixed on the magenta dampers position,,,and the 2 magenta dampers were placed to cyan dampers position.....then surprisingly the cyan started firing 100% in the place of majenta with just a single FILL-UP....and majenta disappeared which was in the place of cyan.
This says that there is no any blockage in the ink channel of cyan which is firing 100% in the position of magenta.

Can anybody tell me how this can be solved out.....thanks in advance.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the Cyan started firing after moving it to the magenta slot and the magenta stopped firing when moved to the cyan slot, either the Cyan channels are completely clogged (unlikely for such a new head) or you have an electrical issue. Usually when one color goes out on these heads, it's a bad transistor on the main board. I'm not entirely sure how the transistor to color channel mapping works on those machines but it's a possibility.

Just to be sure double check your head cables are clean, plugged in properly and not burnt.

erikjem

Hii hello,,,need your help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mimaki JV33-160BS

Cyan missing in the test draw (M-YKKY-M)
Remaining all colors are 100%
One week before replaced to new spares (PrintHead original,,,All dampers,,,pump,,capping)
Today suddenly cyan missed on completing one file printing & on starting another.
Did all basic methods to recover cyan,,,but nothing happened.
But.............
..........For checking purpose i unplugged the 2 cyan dampers & fixed on the magenta dampers position,,,and the 2 magenta dampers were placed to cyan dampers position.....then surprisingly the cyan started firing 100% in the place of majenta with just a single FILL-UP....and majenta disappeared which was in the place of cyan.
This says that there is no any blockage in the ink channel of cyan which is firing 100% in the position of magenta.

Can anybody tell me how this can be solved out.....thanks in advance.
wonder how you solve this problem , im having the same issue , only diference , its sometimes ilet the machine rest for a couple of hours i get half of it back , soemtimes more, all others colors 100 % all the time , anybody have suggestions ??

Iowa John

Realize this is an older post but it fits with an issue I am having and I don't see here whether there was a resolution or not.

Mimaki JV33-160...

Started with an overnight print in which the cyan ran out but for whatever reason it kept right on printing. No amount of cleaning brought the cyan back, in the following week, after flushing and refilling the lines, and carefully flushing the head with cleaning fluid, I briefly had partial blue but lost a yellow and both reds. A few cleaning cycles later I had 2 red, 1 partial blue and 1 black, more cleaning then only 2 yellow and 2 black. Next day, only one red.
Here is a list of what we've ran through in the last week or so; new dampers, pump, cap station, many cleanings and soakings. We've pulled the head now, tested the trailing cables for continuity, did find the manifold was cracked at one of the back mounting screws, we were going to order a new manifold but wondering if the memory board could be at fault or electrically in the head itself. I have no way of testing the PC boards but as far as I can tell, nothing looks burnt or out of place and I have continuity from the slider board to the head.

Let me know if I need to add anything else. At this point we welcome any suggestions but as a small shop, we'd prefer a way to pre-test any expensive ones.