• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-bad print head?

MikeD

I have been having magenta ink droplets on the first few passes of each print. Directly after cleaning, the head looks perfect...a few minutes later drops a magenta start to form. I can see it happen when the head is moved away from the capping station to the far side of the platen with the cover removed. that tells me it's not the cap head or pump..could be a damper but I do not know how to judge the health of a damper by looking at it.

Does this indicate a tear in the print head's membrane?

Last week, there were several head-scrapes due to running media at too high print temps.

Thanks for your input!

MikeD

the corresponding damper has a bulge on the side unlike any of the other dampers. Makes me think that's where the problem emanates.

Can that single part be replaced, or is there more to it than that?

k.a.s.

Start with dampers and a cap. If its been a long time just replace all the Dampers while your at it. Change those first then, go from there.

Kevin

4R Graphics

Sounds like a dampner problem.

Change the dampners.

We change dampners a few times a year they are cheap and next to the cap they are the biggest problem makers.

MikeD

I first changed the cap top since I happened to have an extra on hand. I have ordered a replacement damper to replace the one that bulges out on the side. Not sure what caused the bulge; we run OEM inks on all printers and do not have a bulk ink system (yet.)
This particular JV33 is about 3 yrs old and has been running two shifts per day; 6-7 days/wk... with almost all original parts.

Just got a call from our vendor and was told that I would receive a new damper by 10am this morning...anyone have directions on how to replace dampers?

Thanks!

MikeD

Just received the replacement damper. Is it normal for a new damper to have ink (black) already in it? Do the parts get pressure tested before they are sold or something like that? I'm hesitant to put this part in...

MikeD

ordered a new "new" damper. The first had about 2cc of black ink already in it.

Thanks for the advice.