• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 ES3 to Triangle JVV conversion

woahdude

what is needed to do to the machine for this conversion? full line, damper and head flush? my boss said the triangle tech told him to just switch the cartridges and let the ink flush the lines but that just doesnt sound right to me, let alone the colors mixing and never being able to match them again. is doing that gonna **** up the machine? :omg2:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You will want to change fully over and will want 8 (dual cmyk) new Triangle cartrdiges. Install all 8 cartridges, note which 4 come up as active. Do an ink fill one time. Swap each of the cartrdige pairs to make the other color slot become active. Do one to two more ink fills. Print away.

TheSnowman

I just plugged and played and had no issues. Worked awesome. Never bought a set of OEM's for my JV33. Ran Triangle soon as the "Free Ink" ran out. What kind of pricing are you seeing on the cartridges?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'd still suggest flushing as I described since he is going from ES3. If it were going from SS21 I'd say just plug em and go.

Letterbox Mike

When we switched from SS21 to JVV we flushed and then did a few ink fills. Also replaced the dampers at that time, they were almost due so I figured that was as good a time as any to change them out.

I would assume you're going to need to reprofile also, unless Triangle or your dealer are supplying you with profiles. We had to reprofile, there was a noticeable difference in output from OEM to the JVV ink.

Matt-Tastic

depending on your color accuracy needs, flushing and refilling isn't a bad idea. It is not necessary, but there will be slight color variances as the two inks mix and work the old ink out. They are color and chemical compatible, however, so it won't damage your system to use them.

If you're no going to be customizing profiles or using anything different other than the ink, you won't notice a difference. If you're just using the carts, you'll be fine just replacing the old carts with JVV carts as they come out of the machine, But i prefer to just waste some ink and do a full swap all at once.

woahdude

oh thank goodness

im not sure if were gonna use triangle cartridges or use a bulk ink system with bags or tanks. tanks would be nice so i can share the ink with my jv5

there was considerable savings going from es3 to triangle inks, not sure of the exact figure

thanks guys!

C

ColoPrinthead

I've experienced good plug and play with inks on other machines. When we switched to a different 3rd party dye sub ink on JV3s, all I did was flush the lines with a mixture of simple green and water and then again with water only. I had no issues with the particular change over I'm writing about. Both inks for the UV and dye-sub were Sawgrass and I would have no issues trusting them again.