• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Firmware issues

Waynew79

We just received a new printhead (our white nozzles clogged on our previous head), and when we install it, we get an Error 202. Now, Im told there is a way to downgrade the firmware, but the FWupdate supplied with the new head says it cannot connect to the printer. When I reinstall the old head and try to downgrade the firmware, I get a Error 16 MRL Command. Does anyone know where i can find 2.7 firmware or less for my Mimaki jv33?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If you are running white then you have to use the newer firmware. The older firmware that allows you to use a non-oem Mimaki head does not have the ability to work with white ink configurations.

"F/W Ver4.60 is adapted to white and silver of ES3 ink. Therefore, a regardless of whether white and silver of ES3 ink are used, users can not downgrade F/W version to previous versions which are not adapted to such inks."

Also there are some newer versions of the JV33 with a newer version of the mainboard than cannot be downgraded except to version 5. Also if an older machine has ever had it's firmware updated to version 5 or higher, that is a one way change to the machine. Version 5 made some fundamental changes that make downgrading impossible.

"When F/W is updated to Ver.5.00 via an update tool, it is unable to downgrade its latest version to previous versions because of reasons described below.
F/W Ver5.00 is adapted to the common main circuit board. Therefore, a regardless of whether such main board is used, users can not downgrade F/W version to previous versions.

If either of those is the case or if you use white or silver ink your only option to replace the printhead is a genuine OEM Mimaki head with the green connector. A generic DX5 head cannot be used. The final firmware that allowed the use of generic heads without the 202 device construction error is 2.20.