• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV33 Magenta head problems

blue gecko

Hello

Im having an issue with our JV33, the Magenta head test draw is missing in the middle and running into the cyan next to it.

while printing there is a magenta haze to left (as your looking at the printer) on everything that has Magenta in.
If printed on bidirectional the haze is on both sides, I've attached a few images to help explain.

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated, really don't fancy changing the head :(

Attachments

• IMG_1379.JPG
    IMG_1379.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1380.JPG
    IMG_1380.JPG
    719.1 KB · Views: 147

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It looks like there may be physical damage to the nozzles on the magenta. Did you have a head strike recently? Check the bottom of the head and see if you see a scratch or dent near the magenta nozzles. If there is, you need a new head.

If not, the first thing to check is that all of the maintenance parts are clean and functioning properly. Make sure the wiper, cap top and bottom of the head are free of ink build up. If the cap top is older than about 18 months I would just replace it. If the wiper is bloated and/or misshapen, replace it. If ink is building up on the bottom of the head where the cap top normally meets up, clean it with a swab and cleaning solution. Flush the pump tubes with cleaning solution and unclog them if necessary. If the dampers are older than 1 - 2 years, replace them.

If all of the maintenance parts are clean and fresh and it still has issues in the magenta, especially with that small cross contamination, the head is fried internally and unrecoverable.

blue gecko

It looks like there may be physical damage to the nozzles on the magenta. Did you have a head strike recently? Check the bottom of the head and see if you see a scratch or dent near the magenta nozzles. If there is, you need a new head.

If not, the first thing to check is that all of the maintenance parts are clean and functioning properly. Make sure the wiper, cap top and bottom of the head are free of ink build up. If the cap top is older than about 18 months I would just replace it. If the wiper is bloated and/or misshapen, replace it. If ink is building up on the bottom of the head where the cap top normally meets up, clean it with a swab and cleaning solution. Flush the pump tubes with cleaning solution and unclog them if necessary. If the dampers are older than 1 - 2 years, replace them.

If all of the maintenance parts are clean and fresh and it still has issues in the magenta, especially with that small cross contamination, the head is fried internally and unrecoverable.

Thanks for your reply, we've inspected the head and can't see any visible signs of damage/scratching.

wipers are cleaned every other day, cap and pump have recently been installed by us with OEM parts. Although strangely we don't think the cap is sitting on the head correctly, it seems to be more over to the left as you look at the head from the front. Is there and way to manually adjust the top cap position?

Thanks again

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There is no adjustment for the cap but that is a pretty common issue with the JV33 and CJV30s. The cap slider wears out and causes the cap to be slightly off. This is the part I'm talking about.