• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 not pulling yellow ink

SameDay Signs

I have a JV33 with a new head about 5 months ago along with new pumps, captop and just about everything else redone. Runs and works well when running but constantly have issues with ink just dropping out while printing. Today I was getting magenta dropping here and there then i would clean or so on and fix it then blue and now its to yellow....I went to replcae dampers but yellow will not fill up what so ever. Ive done an ink fill up twice done the cleaning and everything else and am lost to why yellow stopped pumping....I was halfway through a banner we've been printing 50 of no issue and yellow just went good bye

any ideas or help appreciated

thank

C5 Service&Repair

If you cant get ink into the damper, there is ink in the line. You'll need to take the damper off the head, have someone hold the solenoid open at the cartridge, hold the damper, still attached to the inkline, upside down, with the opening that goes on the head pointing up and pull with a syringe ink into the damper and fill the valve a little past halfway. Once there is ink in the damper, then reinstall.

SameDay Signs

If you cant get ink into the damper, there is ink in the line. You'll need to take the damper off the head, have someone hold the solenoid open at the cartridge, hold the damper, still attached to the inkline, upside down, with the opening that goes on the head pointing up and pull with a syringe ink into the damper and fill the valve a little past halfway. Once there is ink in the damper, then reinstall.
Will try it here in a minute but does it sound right that it would be in both the dampers?

C5 Service&Repair

I'd need to know a lot more information. SS21 Mimaki ink? How old is the cap station? Is the flushing position set correctly? Cap height set correctly?

SameDay Signs

I'd need to know a lot more information. SS21 Mimaki ink? How old is the cap station? Is the flushing position set correctly? Cap height set correctly?
Cap top is only 2 months old everything is set correct and ink is triangle jv33 eco ink...same thats been in it since beginning ..... just odd that the yellow isnt filling only yet if i do an ink fill one side will go then it'll jump to other side....cap station looks level and everything....just lost and in the middle of a huge job of course

C5 Service&Repair

Odd, but not unheard of. Sounds like air in the system, or the dampers arent sealed correctly. The O rings may be damaged inside of the brass fittings...

SameDay Signs

Not to sound stupid i can pull ink and all that but how would i open solenoid? I have the syringe and all but not sure how to do that

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The solenoid is behind the ink cartridges. You have to take the cover off to see them. There will be one for each cartridge and you just push it to open the valve.

C5 Service&Repair

You'll need to take the cover off of the back of the machine behind the inks. Right where the needles are you'll see the solenoids. have someone press and hold it in while you syringe the damper, or tape it open.

thesignguy1986

So I went ahead got it all finished pulled ink and did the whole solenoid thing and didn't work....did a very detailed cleaning and somehow the 2 yellow channels came back...printed 7 3x5 banners out of the 11 i had left and yellow completely dropped out again....any ideas on how this would happen it just doesn't make sense.....capping station is level and new....the pump is new....head is only 5 or 6 months old....im just completely lost as of now and tech can't get here till tomorrow if so anyways

OmegaAdv

try to pull ink after the pump from waste tubes if you have air leak you have to hear it or there have to didn't come ink. Also see under the cap there is three exits two for pump and one have with blue stopper, sometimes it dropdown.

OmegaAdv

For me that is pump,capping, airleak issue. first the good pumps are with transparent tubes and lasts years. Try to see where is the leak on the yellow -1 It can be on lines(a connector can be not tight good) / 2 where the line connect to damper / 3the damper himself ( have to stay vaccumed at idle) 4Can be broken manifold(when you change dampers it can crack) after that 5 bad sealing cap to head, also 6 I tell you there is three chanels on the captop bottom( two for pump and one have to be clogged with stopper, main is blue and when I changed captop was dropdown and have very similar problems but after searching all the line found it under the cappingstation)