• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JV33 not switching inks after ink end

artcraftsigns

I looked around in here and online but can't find someone with similar problem. We have a JV33 setup to 2xCMYK (marabu cartridges) and have be relatively trouble free for two years. Just recently we had an ink starvation in two colors and realized it was the inks not switching to new carts after ink end. I also noticed that the LED indicators are not blinking red when carts are close to end. The ink levels do appear on the display and appear to be correct but the system isn't handling the switch. Anyone encountered this before?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's probably defective cartridges. There is a little flag on the cartridges that sticks out when the cartridge is empty. If it doesn't, the machine will not switch to the full cartridge. I have seen this happen many times on 3rd party cartridges.

"Ink near end" is just the chip guessing how much ink is left in the cartridge and generally should not be used as an accurate measure of how much ink is actually in the cartridge. It comes close most of the time but is not always correct.

InstantOneMedia

We had a similar issue with the Triangle cartridges on the JV33. There is a little tab on the cartridge that pokes out when the ink runs out that triggers a sensor on the inside of the printer next to the cartridge. This signals to the printer it is out of ink. Well the Triangle cartridge tab sticks out significantly further than the OEM, and it broke one sensor and will occasionally overshoot the other sensors. Our solution was to switch to bulk so it is no longer an issue.