• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 overspray/ghosting

jon vital

We have been getting this issue since having a head replaced earlier in the year, the engineers haven't been able to sort it so anyone have any ideas?

I think it is related to static as I have seen some static charged ink build up on plastic parts near the head and also the encoder strip has needed replacing a couple of times..

Attachments

• 2017-11-07 10.06.34.jpg
    2017-11-07 10.06.34.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 343

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would double check make sure the head is seated correctly first and then check the wires and cables

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Static issues tend to start showing up around this time of year. Check out your environment to make sure the temperature and humidity are within spec for the printer. Low humidity will cause static issues which get worse with the cold dry winter air. Wiping the platen down with a fabric softener sheet can help in some cases. Also, make sure the bottom of the head is free of ink debris.

Have you changed ink brand recently? How old is the head?

jon vital

It's actually a recent new head and the problem started straight after it was put in, mainly happens on darker colours..

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it started after you changed the head it could be the head is not seated properly. It could also be a bad head cable. I would clean the encoder strip to rule that out and then take a good look at the head to see if it is actually parallel with the platen. Then I would check the head cable for corrosion, ink splatter or any other type of damage that may affect the print head.