• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 pausing during print

SameDay Signs

I've got a JV33 that run at either 540x1080 or 540x720 for banners and for some reason some of the files it will print bidirectional fast mode out of flexi and it is taking a pause after some printing and then start after about 2 seconds again....then it will print normal back and fourth fine and go back to pasing a second again

any ideas would be helpful

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you are setup to print while Ripping in Flexi, your computer is struggling on the larger files to RIP fast enough to keep up with the printer. You can either upgrade the computer or turn off Ripping while printing. Turning the motor speed down would probably help too but it will slow things down of course.

SameDay Signs

If you are setup to print while Ripping in Flexi, your computer is struggling on the larger files to RIP fast enough to keep up with the printer. You can either upgrade the computer or turn off Ripping while printing. Turning the motor speed down would probably help too but it will slow things down of course.
Not sure why though because in Flexi it rips it completely before it sends to print...same file just 2 days ago is now pausing...makes no sense yet a small file flys as always

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Not sure why though because in Flexi it rips it completely before it sends to print...same file just 2 days ago is now pausing...makes no sense yet a small file flys as always

It sounds like you don't have the Rip while print option selected then. Could be a bad USB cable, failing USB port on the computer or possibly an issue with the USB or memory on the printer itself. Try using a different cable and different port and see how it goes.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I had this exact problem in the past, and it turned out to be a combination of a couple of things. The printer buffer is apparently not very big, and we had a long USB cable. Our RIP files were also very big and the printer would pause until it received enough data to continue. I tested it by moving the printer closer to the RIP computer using a shorter cable and that solved the problem for me. Hope this helps.